I Am So Proud Of My Dad!!

Lounge By shelbur10 Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 3:14am by mkolmar

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 3

Father's Day has me thinking, I hope no one minds me bragging on my dad for a minute. I am so proud of the lifestyle changes he has made lately and because of that I believe I'll have him around for many more years.
Everyone in my family had some weight to lose, so in January, we started a 'biggest loser' contest. My dad had high blood pressure, cholesterol and type 2 diabetes. Well, we all lost some weight, but he blew us all away! He's lost almost 70 lbs, walks and lifts weights every day and got off all his meds (including insulin!!). He's in better health than he has been in over 35 years.
My entire life my dad has inspired me in many ways, but this takes the cake! (so to speak) To see a 62 year old man make so many changes and stick to them so religiously for his health, and to ensure that he's around to see his grandkids grow up...well, I just don't have the words. He's an amazing man and I'm a lucky woman to have had him as a role model.
Anyone have any great dad stories they'd like to share in honor of father's day?

2 replies
CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 3

Wow, your dad did great! You have every right to be proud of him!

My 5 year old son wants to be a Daddy when he grows up. I think that's a pretty good reflection on his dad!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 3:14am
post #3 of 3

Wow! I work part time as a fitness trainer, tell your dad AWESOME JOB!

My family life growing up was very rough. No matter what though my dad tried to be there for me. He's a wonderful grandpa to my kids and they just love him so much. I think if anything ever happened to him my brothers and I would melt to a pool of mush and my kids would think something happened to Superman. As much as life sucked at times, it made me stronger and my dad is a huge part of why I am who I am today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%