Attach Fondant Decorations To Cake?

Decorating By peony421 Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm by sweetsadiecakes

peony421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peony421 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 6

Hello! I'm a beginner here and was wondering what do you use to attach fondant decorations (cut-outs) to cake? thanks!

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 6

To attach fondant to buttercream, stick the fondant on before the buttercream crusts or moisten the back of the fondant lightly with water and then hold it in place on the cake for a second until it starts to stick.

To attach fondant to fondant, use meringue powder mixed with water, or tylose mixed with water.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 6

If you're attaching them to a fondant cake, I use a little drop of water on the back of the deco and press it to the cake. For buttercream, I like to use a little bit of frosting on the back. You can also use royal icing. You can use frosting for a fondant cake, too, if you prefer.

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 6

It's fairly easy to do. You can put a small dab of buttercream on the back side of the decoration. A "glue" can be made from gumpaste and warm water, or you can lightly moisten the back of the decoration with water. make sure you don't use too much, just run a damp paint brush over the back and attach it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 6

I like to use RI to attach fondant to fondant.

sweetsadiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsadiecakes Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 6

I use whatever is handy; clear vanilla brushed on with paint brush, BC icing, royal icing or gumpaste disolved in water

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%