Freezing Or Refrigerating Batter

Baking By ailika Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 5:24pm by Bluehue

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 7:07am
post #1 of 3

I need Help Again! Can I freeze or refrigerate batter in advance and for how long. This will be my first order icon_smile.gif I have to make 200 for next week. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Iris

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 3

I have put batter in the fridge while I'm waiting for the cakes to bake. So probably 2 hours or so. I've never had any trouble with it. But I'm not sure for such a large order how that they will work.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 3

About 2 weeks ago i had just finished mixing my sponge like batter for cuppies when poooof - the power went out - thus the lights went dim - the oven clicked off - the raido stopped and i went icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.giftapedshut.gificon_cry.gif
(in that order i think icon_lol.gif )
So i covered the bowl with glad wrap - and quickly popped the bowl in the fridge -

The power never came on again that day OR NIGHT - so the next morning i gently mixed the batter - and my cuppies were no different to any other time -
Mind you, i did let the batter come back to room temperature before cooking them..

I don't see that you would have a problem as long as the batter is covered well so as not to gian any more moisture from the fridge.

Also, as long as the eggs and milk are fresh - i can't see why you couldn't keep it in there for 2 days - just allow it to come back to room temp.
Hmmm, not sure about freezing - i have never had to freeze batter.

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%