Fondant/sugar Paste Glue

Decorating By bstajcic Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 5:59pm by cindy1176

bstajcic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bstajcic Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 5:39am
post #1 of 10

i was wondering what the fondant/sugarpaste glue is? I just watched the 'how to make a tiny bear' video and im not sure what she used to stick the bits together. icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 5:56am
post #2 of 10

I use a little bit of tylose mixed with water. You can also use meringue powder mixed with water or a little bit of fondant dissolved in water.

shelly786 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly786 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 8:17am
post #3 of 10

Hi if you're referring to Aine2's videos,then she also has a helpful video on how to make edible glue
http://www.howcast.com/videos/814-How-To-Make-Edible-Glue

HTH

sheena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 8:41am
post #4 of 10

Here's the recipe of fondant glue that I use:
8 tablespoons of boiled, cooled water
1 teaspoon of CMC/Tylose
Combine the two in asmall jar and refrigerate overnight. Do not worry about mixing the two or shaking the jar up etc...just let it be in the refrigerator and in the morning you will find a lovely glue. If its too thick for your liking, add a littl;e water and if you find it thin, add a little CMC/Tylose as you like!

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 10

I use equal parts water and meringue powder...works great!

bstajcic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bstajcic Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:29pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena

Here's the recipe of fondant glue that I use:
8 tablespoons of boiled, cooled water
1 teaspoon of CMC/Tylose
Combine the two in asmall jar and refrigerate overnight. Do not worry about mixing the two or shaking the jar up etc...just let it be in the refrigerator and in the morning you will find a lovely glue. If its too thick for your liking, add a littl;e water and if you find it thin, add a little CMC/Tylose as you like!

Does it last in the fridge or in the pantry or do you have to make it fresh everytime?

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:31pm
post #7 of 10

:0) good to know!

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:43pm
post #8 of 10

I've seen even egg white used as gum paste glue, but I was in a pinch the other day and used some gum paste and a small amount of water that "melted" the gum paste. It worked fine...

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:57pm
post #9 of 10

I have always done the little bit of gumpaste dissolved in a little bit of water, and YES you need to refrigerate it - it will grow stuff if you don't.

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I have always done the little bit of gumpaste dissolved in a little bit of water, and YES you need to refrigerate it - it will grow stuff if you don't.

LOL, you are right about that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%