2 "b"s And No "h"?!

Baking By percussiongrrl Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm by sadsmile

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 13

I went to get my "H" cookie cutter out of my Wilton 101 cookie cutters package. I dug through and couldn't find it, so I laid all my alphabet cookie cutters out...I ended up not even HAVING an H, but I have 2 Bs. I've not needed an H until now, but I've had the set for a couple years, so I can't take it back in order to get the H. Anyone have the same problem? If you have 2 "H"s and no "B" I'll trade! Is there anything I can do about it?

~Lori

12 replies
sweetsbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyjen Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 13

Wow that is frustrating! I don't have the cutters, sorry but maybe you can find them on ebay for cheap.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 13

Thats a bummer, I'd still try to take it back, they still sell them.You dont have to say you've had it for 2 yrs, they'll need to send it back as defective, or file a "damaged" report anyway. I just bought the set. I'm gonna go check mine and make sure I have all of them. Sorry this happened to you.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 13

I would think that Wilton might send you the missing cutter. Sounds like a manufacturing error.

percussiongrrl Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 13

I didn't even thing to call Wilton until sadsmile suggested it! I called their customer service line and got the sweetest woman on the phone. She actually ran over to the stock room, pulled an "H" for me, and put it in the mail for me all while I was on the phone with her. I should have it in a few days!

Taz-from-PR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taz-from-PR Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:26am
post #6 of 13

I don' know if I can help you but I always look for other uses for cookie cutters . I have one set of rectangular cutters. If you have them you can make the "H". First: Cut the 2"x3" rectangle. Then, with the smallest cutter cut the top and the bottom. ..then you got the letter "H". Hope this tip can help you icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:37am
post #7 of 13

you can take anything back at michaels... (i deal with michaels mostly). without the receipt.. you get a store credit.. then i just buy what i need with that credit.. done it lots of times... hth

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:48am
post #8 of 13

i'd be watching the mailbox like a hawk until that package arrives-glad it worked out for you. i wouldn't have thought to call wilton either especially after all this time.

percussiongrrl Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:52am
post #9 of 13

Well, I got my package in the mail...and it is indeed an "H"....twice the size of the set that I have! I'm glad to have it, but it doesn't match the rest of my letters. But I feel rather rude calling Wilton again and asking them about the CORRECT "H". They were so sweet the first time, they just grabbed the wrong one!

rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:12pm
post #10 of 13

I don't think it would be rude to call back. Just thank them for sending the "H" so promptly and let them know there was a miscommunication and the cutter was larger than the letters in the set you own. icon_smile.gif

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:22pm
post #11 of 13

Give them a call back, it's not rude. I have called Wilton customer service 2x over the past 5 years and they were very nice to me, replacing an item each time.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:21pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by korensmommy

Give them a call back, it's not rude. I have called Wilton customer service 2x over the past 5 years and they were very nice to me, replacing an item each time.

Maybe you should also put this on the "Is There ANYTHING Good about Wilton?" thread that's going on now!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm
post #13 of 13

I would try again and let them know the size issue. It may be that the newer ones are larger and they don't have the kind like you have anymore. Your H should be the size of two I's If your I dosen't have the horizontal lines at the top and bottom( I or l ) you could make it from three cut outs. Just cut one in a little less then half and use the smaller piece to lay as the bar of the H inbetween two I.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%