Covered Berries ??

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm by Katie-Bug

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 5

I have never done this, but I'm going to have to I think. I need to cover Strawberries tommorow an put them on a cake that isn't going to be eaten till Sunday afternoon.
I think I remember a thread where someone mentioned that they dipped their berries the night before. Anyone remember or can offer some pointers?

Thanks Katie

4 replies
sister340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 5

I dip strawberries in chocolate. Is that what you mean?

Katie-Bug Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah, I'm going to have to be out of town Sunday an can't deliver my cake then, will have to Saturday night. It is supposed to have chocolate covered berries on top, but I have never done this in advance, only a few hours before party never 24 hours before..

sister340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 5

We usually do them the same day too. But then if we have leftovers, we keep them in the fridge and they seem pretty much the same the next day. I sometimes notice a little juice has seeped out the bottom. Will they spend the night in the fridge? If so, I think you'll be fine. Left on a cake at room temp, I'm not sure.

Just like I'm not sure what is going to happen with this cake I am making that has a filling that needs to be in the fridge and is covered in fondant. Hoping the fridge doesn't ruin the fondant.

Good luck!

Katie-Bug Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 5

The cake will be in the fridge, cream cheee frosting.

I have put fondant covered cakes in the fridge, I haven't made many but the one's that I have have been fine. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%