Need Advice Asap

Decorating By Carlymoon Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm by Misdawn

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 7

I'm delivering a cake for a bridal shower (which is tomorrow). The mom wants to put it in the fridge, b/c it has raspberry jam for the filling. HOWEVER the cake is frosted in BC but I have a few fondant ribbon roses and a "M" made of of wire covered in Fondant. Will the fondant roses and "M" hold up in the fridge? The "M" is removable if necessary... let me know, I'm delivering at noon today.

6 replies
krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 7

i think you would be ok with the roses but i know you feel so wronge putting it in the fridge

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 7

I would be a little worried about the condensation when it is removed from the fridge. If it is american buttercream that doesn't need to be refrigerated, I would leave it out. The jam filling will not go bad over night.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 7

It should be okay, but the cake really doesn't have to be refrigerated. Jam will not spoil at room temperature, especially in between two layers of cake and buttercream!

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:58pm
post #5 of 7

great! That's what I thought too. I'm going to have her leave it out to be safe. Thanks for the advice!

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:01pm
post #6 of 7

Bumping in here. Does a mousse filling have to be refrigerated? Mousse made with whipping cream and pudding between layers.

I have cake out with pineapple filling and it did not spoil.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm
post #7 of 7

I've always felt like ant filling made with a dairy product should be refrigerated. Better safe than sorry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%