Im New At This And Need Any Advice I Can Get.....

Decorating By brit6704 Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 11:29pm by CakeMommy3

brit6704 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brit6704 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 3

i just deceided that i was goingt o make my own kids b-day cake for their party next week. they are boy and girl twins that are going to turn two. i want to do a mickey mouse club house cake, but have never really tried to decorate a cake before...just played around..nothing like i see in the pics on this website. i need an easy mickey mouse gender neutral cake. any ideas? tips? advice?

2 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 3

Sure....go look in the galleries, try searching Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse....lots of cakes will pop up. I also go to Google Images a lot to find ideas. Welcome!

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, welcome to CC!

Have you searched Mickey Mouse cake in the galleries? I'm sure there would be great cakes of all different skill levels. One of the easiest things I can think of would be a frozen buttercream transfer

http://cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

make sure that you use the icing recipe that is recommended in the article. You don't have to use it to ice the whole cake, just for the image.

I go to coloring pages websites to find great pictures to use. You could just put the transfer on whatever size cake you want. Practice one first, just to get the hang of it. They're pretty easy, and they look great when they're done. Everyone will be so impressed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%