Chick Fil A Cake?

Decorating By megankennedy Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 10:51pm by DeniseNH

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 11

Hey guys, my daughter's 3rd birthday is next weekend, and I would love to be able to make her a cake that looks like a chick fil a kids meal. Any ideas/suggestions? I think I could definitely do the nuggets and juice box, but I'm not sure about the waffle fries...yikes! And she eats honey in packets with her meal too so I would have to figure that out.

Yikes!!!!!!!! I've never worked with fondant before, but I'm almost sure I'll have to use it for this.

Thanks in advance, cc is such a great community!

Megan Kennedy

10 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 11

I just saw a burger and fries cake on the home page of CC and the fries were made out of sugar cookie dough. Could you make the waffle fries out of that?

megankennedy Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:22am
post #3 of 11

yes, that is a great idea - I was thinking how to do the criss cross look of the waffle fries though...maybe I could "glue" the sticks together w/royal icing?

anyone else?

megankennedy Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 11

buuuump!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 11

I am not a cookie person, but what about cutting slices of the raw sugar cookie dough, like with a pizza cutter, and making it into a 'waffle fry' shape before you bake it?
That way it will glue itself together in the oven - or will this get too puffy?

Just a thought....

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 11

what about freezing the sugar cookie doough slightly before using a mandoline that makes waffle fries? then they would have the shape. or...try making a funnel cake circle then just add the lines across instead of swirling it. might work better than the cookie dough, since the dough may close up the holes as it bakes....hope this helps

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #7 of 11

If I had this theme it would have to be the black and white cow holding the sign that says, "Eat more chicken!"

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:45pm
post #8 of 11

i second the idea of the sugar cookie dough for waffle fries. flatten a round disk of dough with a meat tenderizer and pick out the spaces with a toothpick to get that waffle effect...First idea i could think of.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:02pm
post #9 of 11

I'm not really a cookie person either, so this may or may not work...

I was thinking you could roll out your dough, use a round cutter, stretch the cutout a little to make it not so perfectly round, then use a tiny square cutter to cut out the waffle holes.

You'd probably have to make the outlines of the holes have thin spaces in between so it won't spread out and make it too thick. (hope that makes sense). You might even be able to get the affect using a larger round decorating tip if you don't have a really small square cookie cutter.

Your idea sounds cute! Good luck!

megankennedy Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:25am
post #10 of 11

thanks everyone! i would have never thought of those ideas...

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 10:51pm
post #11 of 11

Why not cut up a real frozen waffle into french fry strips. If you toast it first, it'll be edible and you don't have to fuss with poking areas of cookie dough out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%