Fillings That Don't Need Refridgeration

Decorating By canuelas4 Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 6:28pm by blu_canary

canuelas4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canuelas4 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 10:49am
post #1 of 7

Hello, this is my first forum so I am very excited, lol. I have to make a baby shower cake for this weekend, but I have a problem. My MIL (baby shower is for her neice) doesn't want a buttercream filling. She would like one thick cake, but I only have 2 inch pans. I am new to this and I was wondering if I can just stack 2 cakes on top of each other without filling them, or will they slide apart? I would also like some good recipes for a strawberry or pineapple filling that doesn't need too much refridgeration because the baby shower will be outside. If anyone could please help me i would greatly appreciate it! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
FionaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FionaB Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 7

Why don't you line the cake tin to allow you to bake a higher cake that doesn't need layering.

canuelas4 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 7

I have never heard of lining the cake tin. I am fairly new to this. Would you mind explaining this. Thank you

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 7

I don't understand. Does she want a fruit filling and no buttercream, or does she not want any filling at all? If so, do you need the fruit for this cake, or another?

canuelas4 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 7

she would prefer no filling but i didnt know if that is possible so i was looking for good fruit fillings

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 7

Hi and welcome!

here is a tutorial for colaring your cake pans to get a deeper cake:
http://cakecentral.com/article43-Collaring-Your-Cake-Pans-Make-A-Deeper-Cake.html

blu_canary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blu_canary Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 7

I'm kinda new to this concept of cake "collaring" too, so help me out here if I mess it up.

Basically, you take a strip of parchment that will go clear to the bottom of your pan, since it is 2 in. Grease it on the lower 2 inches of one side, and stick it to the inside edge of the pan. You should cut the parchment wide enough that it extends 4--5 inches above the edge of your pan. That way the batter can crawl up as it bakes, thus extending your pan height.

With only a 2 in. pan, would she be able to pour in enough batter to get it to raise up to 4 inches?

Oh, and don't forget a baking core or flower nail in the center to help it bake all the way through!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%