3 Layer Cake??

Decorating By ajmccray Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 3:33am by patticakesnc

ajmccray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajmccray Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:12am
post #1 of 3

I'm just wondering if anyone has done a 3 layer cake? I have a woman wanting a wedding shower cake for 75-100 people. She likes one that I have done with a monogram on it and I said for that many people, she should do a 2 tier cake and I could put the monogram on the side of the cake or the top. Well, she said that maybe she wants just a sheet cake and would that be possible for that many people or would she need 2 sheet cakes. I'm just thinking a 3 initial monogram wouldn't look right on a sheet cake so I looked at serving sizes and if I do a 3 layer 14" round (or square), it would give her the amount of servings she wants and it would help me feel like the monogrammed looks right, does that make sense? So, I know I've seen some tall tiers here on cc but I'm just wondering if it is difficult to do a 3 layer cake or what? Thanks for your input!!!

Angela

2 replies
phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:23am
post #2 of 3

A 3 layer cake won't give you more servings. I bake in 3" high pans and tort twice = 3 layers.
A 1/2 sheet cake will give you 108 servings 1X2 or a 16" round would give 100 servings. Can't give you any advice on putting a mongram on a sheet cake that size, I think it would look pretty bare. Maybe someone else has done it and can help with that.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:33am
post #3 of 3

I did a 3 layer cake. It was my beer keg cake. It was easy to do. Just dowl it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%