Why Are My Fbct Sticking To The Paper?

Decorating By Mickeebabe Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 1:04pm by Marianna46

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:21am
post #1 of 5

I did a FBCT this past weekend and some of the transfer stuck to the wax paper. This has happened before in the past. Any ideas why? Maybe something else I could try or use something else?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(I'm going to post a picture here so you can see what I'm talking about. I hope it works. The upper right yellow flames.)
LL

4 replies
maudabom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maudabom Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:15am
post #2 of 5

I don't know if this helps any or not, but instead of using wax paper, I use plastic wrap. I take my image, lay it on cardboard, then wrap the plastic wrap around the cardboard, pipe and freeze. Nothing has stuck yet, knock on wood! hth

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 5

I had this problem also a few times, what I found is at a distance, I spray my PAM oil on the wax paper, so that the image Im working on doesnt stick. Ive tried to sarahn wrap, or plastic paper and it just doesnt lay flat for me even by pulling it tight.

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 5

I wonder if its starting to thaw a little? Thats the only reason I could think it would stick.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 5

I like the PAM idea, and I'm definitely going to try it. I find that spray oil solves about 95% of my sticking problems in cake decorating! icon_biggrin.gif That is one awesome cake, by the way. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%