Giant Cookie Cake Pricing?

Business By karenm0712 Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 10:06pm by FromScratch

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 9

I am wondering what you all charge for the large cookie cakes. I have searched for the last 20 minutes and haven't found a topic that exists here on this! icon_sad.gif

If anyone has a link to a thread that discusses this could you post it? Or tell me what your prices are! icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance,

8 replies
jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:04am
post #2 of 9

I had a big cookie last week...I was going to charge 25 for it but it turned out so ugly I just gave it to them!! lol I hope you have better luck than I did!!
Don't asked how I figured that out....it just sounded fair!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:08am
post #3 of 9

Did you check out Mrs. Field's and Cookies by Design's prices? That would give you some idea.

cutthecake Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:29am
post #4 of 9

On Cookies by Design, they're $29.99.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:26am
post #5 of 9

jlsheik - I was thinking $25 myself too for the simple design and maybe a tad more if they wanted the whole cookie iced and not just the edge.

I am making one of the managers that I work with a cookie cake for his birthday and wanted to be ready with pricing should someone ask!

Thanks everyone - keep the prices coming! icon_smile.gif

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:55am
post #6 of 9

I charge $20 for mine...the flavors I offer are chocolate chip, peanut butter, or sugar cookies. HTH.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:40am
post #7 of 9

I made one a while back and I charged $120.00 for it... it was VERY involved though.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1354980

I say charge well for it though... the one I made was 14" in diameter and topped with SMBC and fondant. If it was just a simple one like the ones Mrs. Fields sells I'd probably only charge $60.00 for it. It would be about 25 servings. icon_biggrin.gif

cutthecake Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 9

OK, FromScratch, I'm a Yankees fan and it pains me to say this, but your Red Sox cookie is great! The logo looks perfect! Of course, blue and white pinstripes with a big NY in the middle would have been even better!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 10:06pm
post #9 of 9

Oh no way... icon_wink.gif I much prefer my color combo... icon_lol.gif

Thank you though for your compliments... I know how you feel... I always hate liking Yankees cakes and the like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%