How To Transport 25 Cupcakes?

Baking By jrod1974 Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 9:01pm by sugarcheryl

jrod1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jrod1974 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 14

Hi, I will making 25 cupcakes for a b-day party, what is the best way to transport these ? any ideas..

13 replies
lildragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildragon Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 14

There are plastic cupcake holders that keep them in place while in the box. (Not exactly sure what they are called) They resemble a cupcake pan only they are shallow.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildragon

There are plastic cupcake holders that keep them in place while in the box. (Not exactly sure what they are called) They resemble a cupcake pan only they are shallow.

I used to buy those, too, until my cake supply store started selling clear plastic cupcake "carry-out" boxes...like a take-out box from a restaurant, but make for cupcakes, and they were cheaper than buying the cupcake insert AND the box, but 25 cupcakes is an odd #....I would suggest eating one and then you will have a perfect fit icon_biggrin.gif Or you will have to buy an extra cupcake holder for just one cupcake OR make 11 more cupcakes as a bonus.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 14

Even your local grocery store would probably sell the plastic conatiners for you. They come in 6 or 12 cupcake holders. The store by me sells them for like $0.75 each.

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 14

I've recently did a cupcake wedding of 85. I put the cupcakes in the window boxes into the bottom of which I had placed two cake boards (for stability). The boxes with the cake boards held the cupcakes nicely.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:10am
post #6 of 14

25 will fit perfectly in a 12x12 box

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm
post #7 of 14

Aren't you afraid to but cuppies in regular boxes? I'm afraid that they'll touch and ruin each other. How do you prevent that from happening?

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:30pm
post #8 of 14

hi there, ive just started doing cuppies for bridal showers, my 1st order was for 160, so i went and bought the biggest cakeboxes i could find, then i went to my local $$store and bought the aluminum cupcake pans, i poked a finger sized hold underneath each cc space, i slid the cuppies in, put those in the covered cake boxes and off i went with out a single casualty!! lol, then when i set up, all i did was poke my finder throught the hole underneath, and i took the cc out with out ruining the icing.

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:12pm
post #9 of 14

I glue those waxed nut cups that you can get at Micheal's to a flat box top or bottom and put the cuppies in that. They don't move at all!

sweetsbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyjen Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:59pm
post #10 of 14

What I do is buy a t-shirt gift box (2 for $2 with lids at Walmart) put a piece of cardboard covered in tin foil then put the cupcakes in with mini marshmallows spread around so they don't move, it should fit 24-25 depending on how you manouver them in there. here is a link to a forum post along with a picture i posted. HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=632129&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm
post #11 of 14

I love all these cupcake packing ideas.

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:49pm
post #12 of 14

I use either those white plastic shallow thingies in a box OR the clear plastic carry-out looking containers.

As for 25 cupcakes. . .PITA. . .I only sell cupcakes by the dozen, minimum of 2 doz. It is ridiculous for you to waste batter because someone wants 1 more cupcake. They need to decide if they want one less, hoping someone won't want one OR if they want some delicious little treats to have later. And don't give them away as a bonus. . .they gotta pay for each one.

You can always freeze any leftovers for an inpromptu tasting.

jrod1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jrod1974 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:01am
post #13 of 14

thanks for these great tips... i'm thinking i'm just going to frost them at the location, it's for a friends daughter's b-day. the weather here, will be in the 90's so just think it'll be easier to transport unfrosted. icon_smile.gif

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 9:01pm
post #14 of 14

The mini marshmallow is nice but if your trying to make a profit that will eat it away. I just use icing underneath and have not problem besides using a boxes designed for cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%