Cake Boss Bridezilla

Lounge By CristyInMiami Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 7:10pm by LaBellaFlor

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 64

I wasn't able to find posts on this so I just decided to write about it.

My husband was watching this while I was cookins, called me over, rewinded it and showed me that horrible lady and her actions!

I don't know if it was scripted or not but it definitely made my blood boil!

I was in shock! I would have litterally thrown the cake at her and mentioned every bad word in the book. They probably would have had to hold me back.

I dont have patience for disrespect and honestly I would NOT have done the cake for her mom. Screw them!

I got angry just writing that! icon_confused.gificon_mad.giftapedshut.gificon_lol.gif

63 replies
MARYNES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARYNES Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 64

It happened to me too, I couldn't believe what I was watching.

There are a few more ways to fix it if she didn't like it!

If it would be me, I just charge her for the cake done and let her without a wedding cake.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 64

They talked about the previews on here last week I think. Yeah, I know what you mean. There would have been NO way I would have made them another cake!! The disrespectful beyotch!!!! Scripted or not, I'm sure there are bridezillas out there that act just like that!!!!!

BakerInHeels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerInHeels Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 64

Cristy, I watched the re-run of it last night and I honestly think that it was scripted tapedshut.gif I know that I may get flamed for saying that but, oh well! I love Cake Boss and I love Buddy and his family but sometimes it seems a bit over the top. That girl made me want to jump through the TV and slap her with one of those piping bags. I mean really, what adult acts that way? She was way out of line and I would've tossed her a$$ down those stairs tapedshut.gif I wouldn't have done another cake I would've delivered that same cake that she destroyed to her reception.

GeminiCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiCake Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 64

I truly feel sorry for the guy that Bridezilla married. He is in for a world of trouble.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 64

I call fake.

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:37pm
post #7 of 64

I would have wanted to bring the ruined one to the wedding. But I think her mother was also to blame in that when Buddy brought the new cake to the stupid twit, her mother excused her behavior, saying that she was under stress. Also, if the beyotch didn't want a wedding, her mother should have stepped back and let her do it her way. City hall, whatever. The bridzilla needs to get back on her meds!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 64

There is no way that I would have been as nice as Buddy was. He really deserves an award for how he reacted to her. He really did well. =o)

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:41pm
post #9 of 64

Buddy's not stupid, if her tantrum was legit you can bet he took the mother up on her offer to pay for the new one.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:10pm
post #10 of 64

why did the other post get deleated? Was it getting out of hand? Are we not allowed to talk about the show? Just curious.;0)

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:12pm
post #11 of 64

I just watched the episode. I don't know if that was scripted or not... but that bride seemed really OUT of it. She gave him an 'art' lesson?.... what?

I just think the girl was sullen about the whole wedding affair. The way her and her Mum talked about each other to Buddy was horrible! I think she was just trying to tick mummy off any way she could.

I can see why if the Mum was a long time customer why he'd re-do the cake. But I would have brought the SAME cake (the one the Mum would have liked). Although I did LOVE the second cake!

Sometimes I wonder when it comes to one person paying for a cake for another person's event; who do you listen to if they don't have the same image in mind?

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:31pm
post #12 of 64

Well once she started picking up piping bags and destroying the cake, all plausibility went out the window for me. If she had stopped at calling it ugly, I would've bought it.

Won't make me stop watching though...I expected some embellishing...it's what the producers want.

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:36am
post #13 of 64

All the while, did anyone see how hideous her outfit was? That coat looked like it was made from a cheap hotel curtain!

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:17pm
post #14 of 64

That episode was the first time I saw the show and I was disappointed. Yes, it was fake and scripted. How lame! It took away all credibility for the show to me. At least we get reality when we watch Duff. The acting was soooooo bad on Cake Boss. If it were real, don't you think he would have been furious and thrown the wack-o out?

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:43pm
post #15 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristyInMiami

All the while, did anyone see how hideous her outfit was? That coat looked like it was made from a cheap hotel curtain!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:48pm
post #16 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeltoKel

If it were real, don't you think he would have been furious and thrown the wack-o out?

He told her to just leave. icon_confused.gif I'm like that's it...that's all you're going to do is just tell her to leave...I would've ripped her a new one and she'd know not to mess with me.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:59pm
post #17 of 64

Alright, don't tell duff...but, I like Cake Boss WAY more than Ace of Cakes. I just love the dynamic. Anywho, that Bride, did anyone look at her eyes? Come on. That chick was on some crazy meds, I promise. I garantee that she's some kind of loon. And original cake looked EXACTLY like the sketch, which she agreed too. She just wanted to cause trouble...cuz she's crazy!
And I think Buddy probably DID get angrier and that got cut out, and/or he restrained himself because he's on TV. I don't think it was scripted.

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 11:53am
post #18 of 64

I still stand by it being fake. He barely threw her out and then made her another cake. If he didn't go nuts, then his employees would have boycotted making her another cake. You can press charges for people doing stuff like that - and he just decided to make her another cake. Wow, without hesitation, there was plenty of cake already baked for a new one. This is why some people think cake decorating is so easy - you have a customer who doesn't like the cake on TV, you can simply make another one. Ha! Ha! No problem, only take a few hours. The timing was too unrealistic.

Cheyanne25 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:12pm
post #19 of 64

I never thought about the timing issues. That's a good point. Not to mention ALL of those (large) gum paste flowers they made dried by the next day?..... I mean they had peonies on there, from my experience those wouldn't have been cake ready in less than 24 hours.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:06pm
post #20 of 64

Of course all reality shows are scripted but I loved this episode!
I love Cake Boss! It's the only cake show where he isn't afraid to tell how he makes some of his decorations. Buddy was also kind enough to talk on a thread here on CC. Looks like he has a tremendous amount of business and has a great talent! It's obvious his professional treatment to his clients and quality of cakes is what makes his business so successful!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #21 of 64

I think it was staged some--

I would:

Not have let chicklette see it since there was so much contention.

or

I would never have let her alone with it--previous drama or not.

And I would never have removed it from the frige.

Did he not carry it across to the easy access of the piping bags --was there not a closer table to the frige, can't remember for sure but pretty sure.

And you'd leave a bride alone with a cake? (With the tv camera running?)You'd leave a random customer alone in your bakery--no way--here comes the health dept--what's this (500 pound gorilla) chicklette doing back here? Answer: anything she wants.

But then the way it ends makes it seem more believable. But I don't know...

Cheyanne25 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:36pm
post #22 of 64

I just went and checked the episode (I d/l it to itunes since I don't have cable lol).

He put it on the table right next to the fridge, which just happened to be across from the piping bags.

And I had to check the first time I watched it but, she actually wasn't alone. There was at least 5 other workers (not to mention the camera person) in the room with her. Why wouldn't they have stopped her? You can actually see people walking past them in the scene.

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:44pm
post #23 of 64

I don't think it was staged. In a bakery of that size they must have extra's of all sorts of things done ahead of time. Do you all use every flower that you make for every cake or throw extra's away? Also, it's a bakery with lots of employee's that all HAD to help. They didn't want to-they all said they wouldn't make a new cake and Buddy said "If I say we're making a cake we're making a cake!!" He is the cake BOSS after all. BTW, did you see what a miserable b@*%h she was at the delivery (ON HER WEDDING DAY!) I feel bad for the groom!! Maybe she'll watch the episode and be embarrassed! And also for all of you folks that said you wouldn't do a new cake, the mother PAID for the second cake too so you're saying you would turn down a long time customer that paid for both cakes!?! I don't think I would have. I think Buddy was pissed but it's his business and he's in front of a ton of camera's. Who knows what got edited out!!

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:01pm
post #24 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristyInMiami

OMG! So true, I was like look who is calling the kettle black! That was like the amazing technicolor dreamcoat. Clearly this gil has no taste!

samiam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm
post #25 of 64

I followed a post on here the other day which led to a link where the actual Bridezilla had pics of her cake and wedding. She admits that it was scripted and that she had "acted as she was supposed to" but got the cake that she wanted for her wedding. I think that she had received backlash after the show.
That being said, I am still a newbie and love to watch as I am learning valuable tips from the show. I did think that it was fake though. I don't know how to go back and get the link but I'm sure some seasoned CC'rs can find it.

suzie1962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzie1962 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #26 of 64

I don't understand this thread. Everytime I click on "Cakeboss", it just goes to the page for advertising that product. What is this "cakeboss" everyone is talking about!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #27 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne25

I just went and checked the episode (I d/l it to itunes since I don't have cable lol).

He put it on the table right next to the fridge, which just happened to be across from the piping bags.

Yes but the opposite side of the table from the frige correct???
Not on the side of the table closest to the frige?

samiam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:30pm
post #28 of 64

suzie,
cakeboss is a show on TLC network about cake decorating. It features the bakery of Buddy Valestro who owns Carlos Bakery ? in New Jersey. I have seen him several times on The Food Network Challenges. The show is on here in Canada on Monday Nights. I am not sure about the States.

CakesDownTheFamilyLine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesDownTheFamilyLine Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:32pm
post #29 of 64

Some people in this post are saying that there was a camera men taping her while she was messing the cake up, thats so not true before she did it she looked side to side and then got the piping bags. I think they taped it with cameras around the room. I mean imagine a bussy bakery with camera men running around. Cause she was taken shoots at at diffrent angles. about her outfit and the way she was acting with her mother is just plain wrong!!! I mean your mom is paying at least 1000 bucks for YOUR cake and you act out!!!! And the outfit she wore proves why her mother has to pay for the cake, she probably got the jacket from Goodville!!!

tapedshut.gif

Cheyanne25 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:37pm
post #30 of 64

He did put it on the end closest to the fridge, as far as I can tell. Here's a pic of it, as well as the bride's 'colorful' jacket lol and the mess of a cake.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%