Newbie Here

Decorating By pearlg Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 6:08pm by jamiekwebb

pearlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearlg Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:50am
post #1 of 11

Hello
I happened upon CC after an internet search, looking for ideas for my nieces 21st birthday. I have only ever made simple cakes for the family.
To say this site is addictive is the understatement of the century!! I am hooked! I have spent hours everynight (ehm and every spare time during the day. I registered less than 2 weeks ago!!) drooling over your amazing creations!!!! wonder what DH thinks I am up to? Almost forgot to make dinner yesterday.

You are all so talented , and you so readily share your tips and tricks. God bless you all.
like some one said in another thread:" when I grow up I want to decorate like you all".

Pearl G

10 replies
newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 11

WELCOME!
You're right, everyone here is fantastic. If you can dream up a cake for your nieces birthday somebody here can help you get there. You'll be able to WOW everyone in no time.

GOOD LUCK & ENJOY!

Nancy

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:06pm
post #3 of 11

Welcome! I know you will LOVE it here! icon_biggrin.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 11

Hi Pearl! Welcome!

Deanna

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 11

Welcome to Cake Central! Everyone here is amazing and this is the place to come whenever you need any kind of help. This site has helped me so much and like you said I aspire to be like the expert decorators on here someday!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:18pm
post #6 of 11

HI PEARL ! WELCOME TO CC........ this is a really FUN place to be.... have you gotten any ideas for your niece's cake yet ? Let me know if I can help... or ask ANYONE here...

pearlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearlg Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:31pm
post #7 of 11

thank you all for your warm welcome. Iam already having fun, I cannot keep away, It really is a lovely and fun place to be.

I am considering the purse cake ( a simple version) as well as the high heel sandal and box, which already has a tutorial here.

I will definitely ask for help as I am sure I will need loads of help.

THANK YOU!!

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 11

I've got a free tutorial for a diaper bag cake on my website that some people have been using as a jumping-off point to make purse cakes. http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Welcoming_William.html
There's other tutorials on there, too, if you have any computer time left over after browsing through CC! There's a lot on here to read, and it's so easy to spend a whole morning (or afternoon....) reading the posts!

Deanna

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm
post #9 of 11

Yes, welcome! We hope you enjoy! People are very kind at Cake Central and have posted neat tutorials, ideas and lots of help for beginners as well as advice for people in business. We all get along pretty well icon_smile.gif

Hope you enjoy and good luck on your first cakes!

Loriana (Lisa)

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:04pm
post #10 of 11

Welcome to the forum and the ranks of the addicted! I've learned so much on here and I know you will too!

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:08pm
post #11 of 11

Welcome!!! This is the best cake site in the world.... you will no longer have "spare" time...... it will all be used up on here. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%