Simple Syrup Question????

Decorating By txnonnie Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 1:51am by TOMAY

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:24am
post #1 of 7

I have never used this, but my question is...once you spritz the simple syrup on the cake how long do you wait before crumb coating?

6 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:28am
post #2 of 7

Bump. I would like to know this, too.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:30am
post #3 of 7

I use simple syrup sometimes and I only brush it onto the surfaces that will be inside, like between layers. I don't ever put it on the edges or sides. I use my layers right away. Hope this helps.

txnonnie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:35am
post #4 of 7

Doing it on the insides keeps the cake moist? As I understand that is what it's purpose is correct?

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:12am
post #5 of 7

torte, light wash with simple syrup and then filling. one right after the other. simple syrup can be used to add moistness and/or additional flavor.
i use lorann oils or zest in mine and i don't alway mirror the cake flavor. for example, on a banana cake, i may make a caramel symple syrup.

i only use them when i feel the cake benefits from one and not as a rule of thumb.

txnonnie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:44am
post #6 of 7

I was thinking I read or heard that it was to be spritzed on the cake. Thanks for clarifying.

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:51am
post #7 of 7

I use a basting brush and basically brush inside and out and even between my torted layers , I also use melted Jams and Jellies the same way .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%