Project Runway Coming Soon!

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 9:45pm by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 24

I just found out that Season 6 of Project Runway starts on August 20th, on Lifetime. I absolutely love it! And I haven't heard much about for a long time. So I just thought that I'd share the great news!

"Make it work"! (Tim Gunn's favorite phrase)

23 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:26am
post #2 of 24

Yeah, and I can't wait! Love the creativity, the characters, even some of the drama.

I know they were considering leaving BravoTV a couple of years ago, but I guess they had a contract to fulfill with them. Do you have the skinny on why they left?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:18am
post #3 of 24

O.M.G. Holla at yah boys! I love this show...my hubby even got into it...that Tim Gunn is FIERCE! Lol!

PennieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennieK Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:24am
post #4 of 24

I LOVE project runway. I've been going through magor withdrawels. Have you watched Bravo's The Fasion Show? It's.....OK It's just not the same.

I believe the producers of project runway were offered big $$$ to switch but one of the major networks (NBC?) was supposed to get right of first referal so there was a big lawsuit that was just settled a couple months ago. Thats why it's been taking so long.

KacieMeredith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KacieMeredith Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:40am
post #5 of 24

YAYAYAYAYAY...that makes me so happy...thanks for the update!!!!!

playingwithsugar Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:49am
post #6 of 24

Jamie -

Tim Gunn is, most definitely, the sharpest-dressed man I've seen since Sean Connery in Rising Sun (think Armani jacket).

Pennie - I'm watching Fashion Show, too. So far, I like best the episode where they used shoes as inspiration. And this show is true to Isaac Mizrahi form - he takes the average person into consideration, too. I also like the runway better - it gives the judges more time and angles to view the garment at. But I was surprised to see Fern Mallis, VP of IMG Fashions and perpetual guest judge on PR, switch over to FS.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 24

I like Project Runway, Fashion Show and even ssshhh America's Next Top Model. icon_redface.gif
I'm not a clothes person, but I do like pretty things. I even have some Isaac Mizrahi pants.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:02pm
post #8 of 24

love that show.

haven't been able to get into fashion show.

anyone like top chef masters................

KacieMeredith Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

I like Project Runway, Fashion Show and even ssshhh America's Next Top Model.

Ssshhh me to

I have only seen one Top Chef Masters, but I liked it. I kind of miss Padma and Tom though, because I love regular Top Chef.

cylstrial Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:14pm
post #10 of 24

LOL Theresa! I don't have the skinny. I just know what everyone else knows. They wanted to leave Bravo and they had a contract with them. So they got in a big nasty lawsuit. And they finally worked it out, so now we get to see Season 6 when it was done and ready to air in January. It's been a long time coming! We should be starting season 7 in August. Sheesh. Oh well. At least we're getting it.

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:21pm
post #11 of 24

Holy hells, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I miss Tim Gunn!

Lordee, my friend even has a cell phone pic of her friend in New York with him that we've got posted on our computers EVERY TIME we sew.

I'm not that big on The Fashion Show, though. It just doesn't have the right chemistry for me. I've never been able to finish an episode. And America's Top Model flopped big-time for me because I have no interest in modeling at all, so I get impatient with it.

OH BOY OH BOY I GET MY TIM GUNN FIX! MUST BAKE CAKE FOR OCCASSION!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:30pm
post #12 of 24

I'm not interested in modeling, but I like the picture shoots and some of the judges.
Tim Gunn always wins in any of the polls. People just like him.

CatherineR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatherineR Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:43pm
post #13 of 24

Can't wait for new Project Runway to begin. Got hooked a few years back as well as with Top Chef, when they have the marathons and then I got to watch them back to back and got hooked. Since American Idol and Dancing with the Stars ended I was needing a fix so I started watching Fashion Show so it met my need. Top Chef Masters is not the same but only fair to be judged by food critics vs other chefs but can't wait until "The" Top Chef begins again. By the way, also got hooked on America's Next Top Model as they have been showing season marathons for the last few weeks.

rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:43pm
post #14 of 24

I can't wait for Project Runway to be back! I also watch The Fashion Show...it's definitely not as good as PR, but maybe it'll get better. A lot of new shows struggle the first few episodes.....

KacieMeredith Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:46pm
post #15 of 24

Im with you...I dont like modeling but I love photography...and Mr J, and miss j and nigel. I end up fast forwarding through most of the drama, but love the photo shoots and then the best pictures...

patty5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty5 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:55pm
post #16 of 24

Bravo!...I can't wait for the new season of Project Runway!

cylstrial Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:40pm
post #17 of 24

What is "The Fashion Show"? I haven't even heard of it. But it sounds like I'd be interested in it!

rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:43pm
post #18 of 24

Basically, The Fashion Show is Project Runway with different hosts...Isaac Mizrahi is the Tim Gunn of the show. Kelly Rowland (I think that's her name) is his cohost....it's not a bad show, just not as interesting as PR.

cylstrial Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:50am
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgj123

Basically, The Fashion Show is Project Runway with different hosts...Isaac Mizrahi is the Tim Gunn of the show. Kelly Rowland (I think that's her name) is his cohost....it's not a bad show, just not as interesting as PR.

So what channel (like Bravo, or Lifetime, not the number)? And what day and time?

Thanks for filling me in! thumbs_up.gif

patty5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty5 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:08am
post #20 of 24

The fashion Show is on thursdays on bravo

cylstrial Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:51am
post #21 of 24

Thanks Patty! I'll have to check it out!! I love anything that has do with fashion!

cylstrial Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:52am
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

O.M.G. Holla at yah boys! I love this show...my hubby even got into it...that Tim Gunn is FIERCE! Lol!

LOL! Wow Jamie that's awesome! Mine just complains the whole time I'm watching it. I'm like go watch TV in another room. (He's generally on the computer doing something). Ya know... don't let me bother you!

playingwithsugar Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:04am
post #23 of 24

As I write this, Fashion Show is on in the East.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:45pm
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

As I write this, Fashion Show is on in the East.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Darn! I missed it last night! icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%