Why Do Some Cakes Never Show On The Front Page Line Up?

Decorating By ASimpleBaker Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 3:47pm by JanH

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 6

Why do some cakes never show on the front page line up, while others seem to stay one there forever? I posted a cake this morning, I kept refreshing the front page, but my cake never showed up. As soon as the pictures changed, they showed cakes that were posted after mine! Any idea why this is occurring? My cake was not alone; there were about four others that seemed to be skipped. It is one of my pleasures to see my cake on the front, and a bit of a disappointment to have it not get a turn. Sorry, just venting, but I am a bit disappointed. icon_sad.gif

5 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 6

No idea, sorry.
I don't ever go to the front page unless I have to log in. I always go to newest cake uploads.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=lastup

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:04am
post #3 of 6

There are hundreds of cakes uploaded every day here on CC. There is no way each one will get time on the front page. It doesn't work that way. In addition, the front page is still under construction so things may change in the future. It too recommend going to the new uploads page to see all the new photos.

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you for clarifying that for me. thumbs_up.gif Now I know what to expect and will not be dissapointed again! I am so new to decorating (I have lurked awhile but do not get to do cake often) and while the cake had many flaws, I was proud to post it for critiquing. icon_biggrin.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 6

just so you know, cakes that are posted are unlikely to get critiqued - most people just take offence, so most people that have been here and seen the fall out before wont offer any constructive criticism, unless you ask for it - and even then, many dont want to go there.
become a gallery support member (click on the link under my name, i think you need 100 posts to join tho) and then you can become a critique subgroub member, and then you will get some real constuctive criticism.
xx

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:47pm
post #6 of 6

Please see Heath's posts on homepage display:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-629956.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%