Cake Balls, Check This Out

Decorating By majormichel Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 2:49pm by bobwonderbuns

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 50

I found this website on cake balls and wanted to share.

http://www.cakebybridges.com/cakeballs#gallery

49 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 50

Holy crap! Those cake balls are amazing! I bookmarked the site! I really need to make some of those!

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 50

They are presented nicely for the camera!!!! I made cake balls once nd thought to myself, I really do not know if I like these or not, they are kinda strange, but then I thought does everyone else's taste like these? So, I dont know, once you taste a cake ball, you tasted them all, or is there like a high society flavor cake ball out there that is just to die for?? Overall, they do look nice, but for me, if they were truffles I would have been drooling, LMAO!!!!!

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:46pm
post #4 of 50

Those are absolutely beautiful! Those really give me inspiration to start up my ball making again! icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 50

Wow those are the type of things I'd want to eat.

*moderator edited*

mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 50

LOL, RylanTy! I have a sick mind. icon_biggrin.gif

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:34pm
post #7 of 50

Wow. Those are incredible.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 50

How the heck do they make them so nice on the bottom? without the flat-foot that puddles when they sit? Seems no matter how long I let the excess run off before plopping it down, I always get that little base!

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 50

wow I love your site! You are definitely who I aspire to be in cake ball land. Beautiful

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:47pm
post #10 of 50

WOW!! icon_eek.gif What will they think of next??? icon_lol.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:48pm
post #11 of 50

Hey Northside Girlie!! They are beautiful !! but you can see the bottom is flat on the lighter colored ones .. Look at the baby blue ones .. they are flat - then it looks like they just broke off all around it to get rid of it ...

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:49pm
post #12 of 50

These are beautiful, but I've never quite "gotten" the cake ball passion. I'm thinking that maybe I am not making mine right. Next time I'm in Austin, I may have to drop by and get one of theirs ... I wonder if you can buy just one.

$24.94/dozen ... does that sound like a good price to you ladies who make cake balls?

rushing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rushing Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:51pm
post #13 of 50

Wow those are awesome. It makes me want to try them out this weekend, but with Oreo truffles instead. MMmmm

Thanks for the link majormichel thumbs_up.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:52pm
post #14 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

How the heck do they make them so nice on the bottom? without the flat-foot that puddles when they sit? Seems no matter how long I let the excess run off before plopping it down, I always get that little base!

I have less puddles when I use the Ghiradelli (not sure of spelling) coating bar.

I just love the grooms cake covered in cakeballs.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:53pm
post #15 of 50

I have never done cake balls, but this makes me want to try!

sweetpea223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea223 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:58pm
post #16 of 50

they're great! I just wish I have more patience in making smaller items... anyway, here's another site that might interest you all... I had been hooked to it and love the site....

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

sweetcakesII Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesII Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:01pm
post #17 of 50

Thanks for sharing those look awsome. One day I am going to try making them. My daughter has tried them and loves them.

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:48pm
post #18 of 50

icon_smile.gif I LOVE doing cake 'truffles'. I call them cake truffles now, instead of cake balls...sounds a little less riske, rofl.....

They are a great seller for me....I use all kinds of cake flavors and combos.....one of the biggest ones for me is the red velvet and cream cheese icing combo. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the great link to the pics!

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #19 of 50

wow I ahve never made cake balls before and thought they were just a quick way to use up scraps...I never thought to turn them in to something elegant!! Uh-oh you've turned on another creative branch in my brain!
Thanks for sharing!

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:23pm
post #20 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellee

lol me too!! icon_lol.gif

Those cake balls look so elegant!

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:56pm
post #21 of 50

I tried making them once and wasn't really impressed. I figured I didn't do it right or something but I've never gotten around to trying again. Those were so pretty though I may give it a shot. Thanks for sharing the link!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:22pm
post #22 of 50
Quote:

Sorry. I TOLD you I had a sick mind! Please forgive me. icon_smile.gif

Hence the name "Cake Truffles"... icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:18am
post #23 of 50

LOL guys. Ok so are these the same things as cake truffles Ive heard about before? On that website it says its mixed with buttercream? So is it just cake and buttercream balled up and dipped? The recipe Ive see before for cake truffles was cake mixed with flavored creamers, not icing. So are these two different things? They are sooo beautiful though.

Oh and you know what? as I was working on my petites fours tonight I saved all my scraps in my freezer with this in mind! Funny it should come up. icon_smile.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:27am
post #24 of 50

Gia, Cake balls and truffles are the same thing. You can use buttercream, coffee creamer, ganache, cream cheese ... I have even made them with heavy cream. If your cake is really moist, you might not have to use anything. The last ones I made were just my WASC scraps rolled in balls and dipped in white chocolate.

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:30am
post #25 of 50

those are amazing, does anyone know if there is a tutorial or video on how to do them?
ive heard people talk about them but never really knew what they were talking about and never bothered to look it up.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:31am
post #26 of 50
Quote:

lol I thought the same lol icon_redface.gif

CarrieBear Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:40am
post #27 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

those are amazing, does anyone know if there is a tutorial or video on how to do them?
ive heard people talk about them but never really knew what they were talking about and never bothered to look it up.

icon_redface.gif

nvm answerd my own question

http://www.cakecentral.com/article67-how-to-make-cake-balls.html

unless there are others out there too

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:41am
post #28 of 50

I tried making them with creamer once, but I put in too much creamer. I dipped them frozen, and when they thawed, they were leaking creamer! I can just imagine different combos - chocolate cake with ganache and then dipped - OOOOOO!

tabicat21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabicat21 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:06am
post #29 of 50

I get lots of request for my Cake Ball. The ones everyone loves the most are the chocolate cake, little buttercream and syrup cherries (the syrup and cherries put through my little food processor). They are Irresistible.

CarrieBear Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:19am
post #30 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabicat21

I get lots of request for my Cake Ball. The ones everyone loves the most are the chocolate cake, little buttercream and syrup cherries (the syrup and cherries put through my little food processor). They are Irresistible.

that souds awesome, do you just mix the the buttercream and the cherries and cake all together?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%