What Do You Think About Tonight's Challenge (Kerry V)

Decorating By Rylan Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 5:44am by Rylan

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:19am
post #1 of 5

Stevie - I think her cake isn't that bad. It makes me think of Tarzan's birthday cake rather than Kerry's. I still want to see her in other challenges. I like her uniqueness.

Jason- I have to admit that I have a huge huge huge crush on Jason and Joshua, they are so sexy. Their cake is really nice, I'm just not really in to the colors. Overall, I think they deserve to win.

Zane- Norman is so adorable, I wished he could have participated. I really really like Zane's cake. It's my favorite. By the way, is his assistant (from the audience) a member of CC?

Buddy- His cake doesn't remind of Kerry Vincent although I do love his Chanel purse. I do agree that his fondant work was great despite the buldges, which I understand.

What are your thought from tonight's challenge?

4 replies
montana618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montana618 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:30am
post #2 of 5

Stevie's kitchen was a mess and that really turned me off too. I think if I saw my cake made in that enviroment I wouldn't have chosen it either!
They shouldn't have had Kerri watch the making-only had her pick which one she liked the best. I think that swayed her decision-that and the fire extinguiser! LOL

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:43am
post #3 of 5
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:14am
post #4 of 5

I thought Zane's cake was very appropiate for Kerry and I really like Jay's too but IMO it needed more color, but I think they won over Zane because of technique, they did everything Karry likes. I was sad to see Norman leave the competition but he was looking very sick. Buddy's cake was pretty, very nice for a sweet sixteen but just not for Kerry. And last but not least, Stevie, well the little work I've seen of hers is not of my taste icon_sad.gif. I know she is an artist but in this case you need to be a baker too and I'm sorry but to me it look like she was doing a horrible job intentionally, I mean, she didn't even try to come up with something tasty or at least presentable, it was a big "screw u Kerry" in cake and it's a shame because I really like her original design. Now, how lucky was that lady from the audience who got to help? She has something to tell her grandkids now! I'm so jelous! icon_cry.gif when we saw that my 7yr old daughter looked at me and said "do you wish you were her?............ Yeah!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:44am
post #5 of 5

I agree with you miny, they won over technique and I think it needed more color. I really didn't like they yellow he used. I liked Jason more than his cake.

That's so cute of your daughter. REALLY CUTE!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%