Anyone Know All The Fees To Be A Florida Licensed Cake Bus.

Business By katherinem Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 1:47pm by CindiM

katherinem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katherinem Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:05am
post #1 of 2

Does anyone know the costs or where to locate the costs to become a licensed cake business.

I know you would have to pay for a license but I don't even know what that cost would be along with any inspections costs.

Basically if someone can give me all the information of what exactly i would need to do/get done and what I would need to pay I would greatly appreciate it. My husband and I are trying to sit down to figure out all the numbers/costs of everything in order to start up.

Thank you as always!!

1 reply
CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 2

Hi, how exciting!
Just do a search for the florida dept of agriculture for all of the requirments for your kitchen. You can also give them a call.

Check with your county on their requirments as well, like zoning issues, impact fees, etc.
You will want to touch base with the Florida Dept of Revenue to set up accounts on sales tax, tangible tax, employee cost and taxes. Check with your insurance company for the liability cost.

I am also required to have a state Food safety certification training and a local license by my county and a city license.

Good luck and have fun, Cindi M

Quote by @%username% on %date%