Chocolate Fondant Cracks When I Cover The Cake

Decorating By momma28 Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 6:08pm by icer101

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 3

Ok I have used the chocolate fondant (cake bible recipe) before and while the flavor was ok (unless you dont like dark chocolate....sooooooo much cocoa in that recipe) but the texture was hard to work with. I used it on my treasure chest cake because the mom loves dark chocolate and she didnt want me to use artificial coloring. It was horrible to work with though. Not soft and lovely like my regular mmf (or even colette peters reg fondant recipe) and when I put it on I had little cracks on the edges (thankfully covered by the wood grain pattern and not noticable to anyone but me)

I am looking for a good choc fondant recipe (mmf is what I usually use) to make a cake for this weekend and because it is going to be tall I cannot deal with the same texture as before, it simply wont work.

Anyone have a great choc fondant recipe that covers and smooths beautifully and is malleable?

Thanks!!

2 replies
momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 3

Shoot no on has a chocolate fondant recipe they love?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 3

i,d suggest to purchase satin ice chocolate... or pettinice ice chocolate or chocopan chocolate..i think the cocoa powder in homemade makes it too dry... or maybe michelle fosters recipe on this site.. haven,t made it ..but lots of c/cers do..hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%