Need Some Help W/an Armature And Support For A Teddy Bear

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 4:21am by Bellatheball

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 3:10am
post #1 of 4

I'm working on the design for my little boy's first birthday and I'd like to make a standing (or maybe sitting) teddy bear. Thanks to some of the posters here, I have a good idea how to do the legs/body etc.

I plan to screw two dowels into a piece of plywood for the base and legs. I'll screw another board to the top of them for the body. I think the body will be about 4-5 inches high so I'll need another support for the head. Do I just do a center dowel for the body and screw another smaller board to the top for the head?

Finally, what's the best way to attach the arms? I was thinking of doing them in modeling chocolate around some kind of armature but I'm open to other ideas. How do I make and attach the armature

A few folks here have sent me the Elmo link which helped quite a bit it doesn't seem to have a ton of support through the body and head.

3 replies
Bellatheball Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:49am
post #3 of 4

Look at the Cake Study armature by Bronwen and Francois at
http://www.caljavaonline.com/cakestudy1-bman-lg.htm
Maybe you can do something kinda like that

Bellatheball Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:21am
post #4 of 4

Thanks. For some reason, the link it's working for me. I tried a search on GSA and google with no luck. It sounds promising though. Is there somewhere else I can find it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%