Help With Making Mmf White

Decorating By cindy1176 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 4:17pm by cindy1176

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 6

I could use some help making MMF white. I used clear vanilla and it is still an ivory color, which is okay for colored fondant, but I need to make a zebra tier and I am thinking it will look funny if it is not white. Any suggestions are appreciated!

5 replies
just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 6

Add a few drops of white-white.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 6

The more you knead it the whiter it will get-to a point. it will never be stark white more of an egg-shell off white. It will still look white when finished just don't put anything stark white on it. If you are going to use icing for other decoration- Match up your white icing by adding just a tiny amount of brown to bring it to the same color. As long as all your whites are the same no one will notice that it isn't a true white. Other thrn that i am thinking you could get some white petal dust and dust it, but iv'e never done that and don't know if it will make a difference. I know superwhite pearl would make it more white if you want it shimmery also.

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 6

Wow! Sadsmile, I think a shimmery zebra would be fantastic!

icon_lol.gif That would rockie my sockies! icon_lol.gif

cindy1176 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you!!! I will add the white and knead it more! Maybe the black strips will help it look whiter...we'll see, lol!

cindy1176 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:17pm
post #6 of 6

I will also make it shimmer...the graduate will probably love that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%