Opening A Business

Business By HoodiesGoodies Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 12:09am by HoodiesGoodies

HoodiesGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoodiesGoodies Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 3

Well hello evryone. I am new to this site and was wondering if people could give me suggestions. I am wanting to open my own cake decorating business out of my home. I have done the research and I can do it from my home.n I was wondering if people had any suggestions on getting started. I am kind of hesitant because I am a mother with a 7 month old and wonder if I will really have the time to be a mom, business owner and also keep my other job that I work 4 days a week. I used to be an Asst. Pastry Chef before the baby but still am heitant. So any suggestions or advice would be great. Thank you for your time and help.

2 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 3

welcome and good luck. Start small, take only 1 or 2 cakes a week to see how you handle it all. Also you might consider getting a website where you can showcase your creations.

HoodiesGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoodiesGoodies Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:09am
post #3 of 3

ya I plan on getting a website and advertise a little bit to get started. I have also read the " Start a Cake Business Today" and found it very helpfull. I actually just finished it today and will start looking at what apps. I will need to file for a license in my county. I think it will be a slow start up process. But hopefully I can get going in about a month or sooner. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%