Cake Sign-Off Form

Decorating By Minstrelmiss Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 4:54am by Loucinda

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 7

Hi cakers! Do any of you have a form that you have someone at the venue sign off on indicating that the product you have delivered/set up is acceptable? TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 7

Nope. Because no one from the wedding party is ever there, and as a caterer, I would NEVER sign off on a delivered cake because I have no idea what was ordered, ergo I've no idea if the right cake was even delivered.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 7

What I've heard most decorators do (and I will be sure to do once I start making and delivering wedding cakes) is they take a picture of the cake right after set up, and then give those to the bride and groom or whoever is there to prove that you left the cake in perfect order. I'm thinking leaving a pic and also emailing a pic to the couple would be a good way to cover your bases.

Any other people have any advice?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 7

With digital cameras, do you carry a printer with you? icon_confused.gif How do you leave a picture at the venue?

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 7

Two good points!.....any others?

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 7

I have a section on my contract that asks 'who will accept delivery of the cake?' Either at the time of reserving or the week of the event I have a name. That person can be the wedding planner, friend, mom, whomever, but someone has to accept delivery. I require a signature for all deliveries unless I deliver to the person who bought the cake. I require a signature on all pickups if the item is picked up by someone other than the person who ordered the cake.

I take pictures of all sides of the cake for my own records.

I explain to the person who accepts delivery that they are only signing that the cake was delivered.

I have only had to use the pictures and refer to the person who signed for the cake once. That person took it upon herself to MOVE MY CAKE!!! When she re-set it up, she did it wrong and apparently it was leaning. I always contact my customers after an event and the mom told me that cake was beautiful and delicious, but she was concerned that it was leaning. I sent her my pictures that were my proof that cake was perfectly straight when I left. That's when she realized that there was a different background in my picture!! Needless to say, she went off on the venue manager....and so did I. I have since refused to do another wedding at that venue because the manager has absolutely no respect for the vendors. Don't need the drama!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:54am
post #7 of 7

I do the same as Indy - the camera is always with me, and that is the last thing I do before I pack up and leave.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%