Room Temp Or Cold

Decorating By psurrette Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 2:08pm by Rylan

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 8

Do you ice your cakes right from the frdge or have them at room temp?
I am getting so busy that I need to put themin the fridge but not sure if I should wait until they are at room temp.
Thanks for your help!

7 replies
hollyh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyh Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 8

I ice straight for the fridge and have never had a problem.

ladixiechic1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladixiechic1 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:44pm
post #3 of 8

I ice my cakes close to room temperature. I did one straight from the fridge before and the moisture from the cake thawing out made the icing look like cellulite icon_surprised.gif Not a pretty picture. So never did that again.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 8

I would be afraid to ice one straight from the refrigerator. Condensation may develop between the icing and the cake and cause you to have a "blow-out". I let mine stand uncovered for 15-30 minutes, come to room temperature, then I put icing on the cake. HTH icon_smile.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:56pm
post #5 of 8

I would definetly say room temp. Straight out of fridge spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E from my own experience.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:57pm
post #6 of 8

I think it depends on where in the country you live,what time of year it is and of course humidity.I ice right from the fridge but I live in a very dry area where there is no humidity so I don't have those issues but it is something to consider!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:47pm
post #7 of 8

I keep all of my cakes cold... I torte them cold, I fill them cold, I frost them cold, I fondant and decorate them cold. I've never had a bubble or a blowout, so I must be doing something right! icon_wink.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:08pm
post #8 of 8

I've had and never had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%