My First Fish And My Last Fishhhhhhhhhh! Lol

Decorating By Chippi Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 8:32pm by Uniqueask

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:55am
post #1 of 24

Hiya CC'ers!

Well here he is all done! I think anyways. Wow alot of work but I can't wait to see my bro's face! He's not even dry yet! Hope you like him or her haha! I didn't go into that much detail!!!
LL

23 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:59am
post #2 of 24

Oh wow that's great!!! i am sure it was alot of effort, you did a really amazing job thumbs_up.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:02am
post #3 of 24

Wow...that is definately the coolest fish I've ever seen!!! Wow!

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:04am
post #4 of 24

HOLY CARP!!! That is amazing....how it the tilapia did you do that? Where did you learn to do this and NO this should not be your last Fish....is that fondant, gumpaste ???

teri

KacieMeredith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KacieMeredith Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:07am
post #5 of 24

Wow...if I hadnt seen it here on CC I would have thought someone was lying about that being cake...looks awesome. Im sure your bro will love it.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:07am
post #6 of 24

here here, i couldn't even imagine attempting that. Truly icon_eek.gif lol You are indeed talented

Chippi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:29am
post #7 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeRN

HOLY CARP!!! That is amazing....how it the tilapia did you do that? Where did you learn to do this and NO this should not be your last Fish....is that fondant, gumpaste ???

teri

Thank you all, it is fondant cover on the fish and 50/50 on the fins. Its made foil and wrapped with masking tape, covered in fondant and so forth. It is a time consuming project but I wanted a fish (bass) to put on my brothers birthday cake. Allycook gave me instructions, her cake is amazing. I made cattails and underwater plants to add to the cake once I get to WV on Sunday. I just hope my Bass makes it! Thanks for all your comments and happy baking! icon_smile.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:43am
post #8 of 24
Quote:

teri

Cake rn you are too funny! Seriously, Chiipi you should be teaching cake bass class. I'd bite!

Chippi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:02am
post #9 of 24
Quote:

teri

I feel like tilapia'n down right now! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Chippi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:04am
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

Quote:

teri

Cake rn you are too funny! Seriously, Chiipi you should be teaching cake bass class. I'd bite!

I'll teach you Bass Class if you teach me how to make wavesssssssss! lol
I was originally gonna do MMF covered cake but I'm steering toward doing BC. What do you all think?

Chippi

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:44am
post #11 of 24

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif THAT............is one awesome fish!!!!
You would never say that its fondant cause it looks like a real fish...
Well done!! you deserve a medal!

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:11am
post #12 of 24

Your brother is going to love it! It looks so real you should add a fishing pole next to the cake for him to reel it in icon_biggrin.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:22am
post #13 of 24

Oh my! That is awesome! Great job! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm
post #14 of 24

very cool!!! i love it! it had to be time consuming,how long did it take you? was it hard to form? great job on it! thumbs_up.gif

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:58pm
post #15 of 24

The colors are so realistic. Looks like it just came out of the water. Did you airbrush this or paint it? I would love instructions on how to do this. I have some very serious fishermen in my family that would love to have this on a cake. Possible to share the instructions?

I like buttercream. I did a SpongeBob and had the icing blue shades and white mixed to look like water and put seagrass and characters around and on it. See my photos to see what I'm trying to say. However, fondant would work and you could cut out waves.

Chippi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by txnonnie

The colors are so realistic. Looks like it just came out of the water. Did you airbrush this or paint it? I would love instructions on how to do this. I have some very serious fishermen in my family that would love to have this on a cake. Possible to share the instructions?

I like buttercream. I did a SpongeBob and had the icing blue shades and white mixed to look like water and put seagrass and characters around and on it. See my photos to see what I'm trying to say. However, fondant would work and you could cut out waves.

He is painted. I have an airbrush but haven't used it enough to trust myself using it on him. When I get back from my trip, I will try and do a tutorial from start to finish on a Bass for everyone. I do like your BC on your spongebob cake! I may use that idea ty very very much! I will post a photo once I get a pic in WV. Thank you everyone and also, Allycook who inspired me!

Chippi

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:10pm
post #17 of 24

Chippi -- would love to have the tutorial when you get a chance.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm
post #18 of 24

WOW!!! that is sooo amazing!!! it is so real looking!!

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:17pm
post #19 of 24

Blown away!! That is is fantastic!!!! Great job! Can't wait to see the finished cake all together...your bother will love it!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm
post #20 of 24

Holy Moly....your fish turned out great! I'd love to have the tutorial! thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #21 of 24

Chippi - you are so talented! Your fish looks excellent!!! You should have poured some sugar and tinted it...and then set it under the fish. hehe.

Chippi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:19pm
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Chippi - you are so talented! Your fish looks excellent!!! You should have poured some sugar and tinted it...and then set it under the fish. hehe.

Thanks cylstrial! Thats a neat idea, but this Bass will be on a 12" 2-layer cake when i get to WV Sunday. icon_smile.gif If I make it there! lol

Chippi

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:25pm
post #23 of 24

That fish is amazing! Great job!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:32pm
post #24 of 24

I love your fish, I too would like to try it, you did an awesome awesome job

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%