Drying Royal Icing Tiara

Decorating By SOULLA13 Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm by ninatat

SOULLA13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SOULLA13 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:50am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I am planning to make a pillow cake with a tiara on top for a little girls 1st birthday today. I have piped the tiara but it still hasnt dried enough (this is my first time making a tiara!!). Really happy with how it looks and i would hate for this to mess up is there any way of drying the royal icing faster i finished piping it yesterday. Also any other tips for a pillow cake would be most grateful. I saw in the tutorial it says to freeze the cake when carving is this necessary???

3 replies
Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:02am
post #2 of 4

With the tiara, just have some patience icon_wink.gif I wouldn't try too much with is, since the risk of breaking if really high.
For the pillow cake, freezing is not necessary, if you have a type of cake that is quite firm. But at least leave it overnight in the fridge to firm up.
By the way one hour in the freezer is long enough for carving!!

Good luck, keep my fingers crossed with the tiara!!
Lara

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:16am
post #3 of 4

RI will take a day or two to dry. icon_sad.gif I made one for my niece last fall out of gumpaste - squeeze through an extruder and shape. Took longer to make than RI, but it dried faster and was a little more stable i thought. http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1344420

Or you could pipe out of candy melts?

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 4

wow that is beautiful, again i'm confused what is royal icing,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%