Help Me With This Mess!!!

Decorating By krissycupcakes Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 3:23pm by krissycupcakes

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:38am
post #1 of 9

ok so my regular customer asked me to make a cake but heres the catch..... the theme is....... one child likes legos one child like trains .... and the party is a mini golf party.... please help!!!!

8 replies
tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:43am
post #2 of 9

Make a mini golf course to look like it was made of legos, and then have a little train as part of a hole. Ill get back to ya on the lego part give me a sec.

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:47am
post #3 of 9

ok, you could take thick fondant and cut little rectangles and squares out, like 1/2 inch across, then take the # 12 tip and use it to cut little circles for the tops of the legos, then you just build up the icing or rolled fondant around landscaping items and then use legos to add to the top of them, like brick walls or tops of hills, around the "hole" section, scattered around or whatever. It would be simple and a great gap or space filler, you can buy a little toy train or make one i guess. HTH

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:48am
post #4 of 9

Maybe a train carrying legos.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:04am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Maybe a train carrying legos.

Thats a cute idea.
icon_smile.gif

krissycupcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:11am
post #6 of 9

i love the train with the legos idea but how do i get gold in there

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:19am
post #7 of 9

You can paint part of the trains "body" in gold, or if your doing an old fashioned kind of train you could do the smoke stack gold with black accents.

For this cake with all the ideas they want incorporated you could do either a slab or tiered cake...making a mini golf theme and having to separate holes, one being a lego themed hole and the other being a train themed hole.

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:41pm
post #8 of 9

I'm not sure if it is a typo. Do you mean golf or gold?

You can paint some on the train accents in gold.

As for golf, you can make a train like a mentioned, have those containers with an open top that carries legos and also make one that carries golf balls or golf equipment.

If that isn't your taste, maye you can cover the board in green with those golf flag looking things standing up.

krissycupcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 9

thanks ladys!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%