Retirement Security Badge Cake

Decorating By requel Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 2:41pm by bisbqueenb

requel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
requel Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:36am
post #1 of 7

Need Help,
with a security retirement cake maybe the cake cut in the shape of a badge or a round cake with a fondant badge please any photos, instructions or ideas are appreciated.

6 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 7

I think a cake cut in the shape of a badge would be cool - covered in fondant and decorate to look like an actual badge!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 7

Can you get a picture of the badge to work from?
I'm making a cake for church this weekend with a badge on it... I googled the image, enlarged and then used as a template to cut it out of gumpaste. I painted w/ lustre dusts and it will be put on a sheet cake.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 7

I did what Beachcakes did - I cut it out of gumpaste, (let it dry!) then painted it with gold lustre dust (thinned with vodka) and then I used a tiny paintbrush to put in the details - it worked out perfect. (I tried to find the pic to upload, but I don't know how to scan... icon_redface.gif )

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 7

I made a badge cake a few years ago for a friend in the volunteer fire dept. This was done all in buttercream, carved to match the shape of the badge.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1366714

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 7
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 7

Here is how I made a badge cake. I printed out a graphic of the badge on rice paper [ just used regular printer as it was not going to be an edible part] and mounted it on gum paste and let it dry completely hard. The 4 badges were made from gumpaste using a mold I made of the real badge using silicon mold compound.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%