How Do You Do Background For Cake Photo

Decorating By PinkLisa Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 8:19pm by cylstrial

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:37am
post #1 of 7

How do you all do a background for a professional looking cake photo without having it look like drapped fabric? I want pastel type colors for the background of my cakes for my website.

6 replies
sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:55am
post #2 of 7

I just started to use the tri fold boards that kids use for science fair projects. I just use white, but I think they come in colors too.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:19am
post #3 of 7

Try using a big canvas (stretched). You can then paint it with whatever color you want. You can even change it if you want. Oh and you can also staple fabric on it.

mc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mc Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 7

Seems to me that what you are refering to is a background, sort of what you see in the photos in Bakerella. If that is the case, you need to use a program like Photoshop that will let you alter the background of the picture. Hope that helps.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 7

I use one of the trifold boards and put it on the table. Then I drape a large piece of black fabric over the board and onto the table. I stick the cake on top of the fabric and take the picture. You can use any colour fabric that you wish of course. It doesn't looked draped when I am done.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:06pm
post #6 of 7

you can also use gimp which is a free program

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:19pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Try using a big canvas (stretched). You can then paint it with whatever color you want. You can even change it if you want. Oh and you can also staple fabric on it.

That's a good idea! And I've never heard of it before! Thanks for sharing!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%