Ideas For A River Cake?

Decorating By SJEmom Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 3:40am by Rylan

SJEmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJEmom Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 3

My DD's class has been learning about the Charles River in Massachusetts all year. For their end of year of year party I have offered to make a cake with the Charles River on it. I am very much a novice! I have looked at pictures in the galleries and taken some ideas. I have to keep the cake nut free for allergies in the class.

It will be a chocolate cake. Thinking that I will make the river with white frosting and then cover with blue piping gel. I have graham crackers and oreos that I can crush for dirt on the side of the river. I bought some jelly beans that are brown and beige and sort of look like rocks...just not sure I can use them because of trace nut issues. I also bought ice cream cones to cover with green bc (but am wondering if it would be too much and be too tall for a single layer cake). Wondering if I should make most of the cake green?

What other ideas do you think I should do? The cake will be 9x13, so it isn't a lot of space. Thanks for the ideas!

2 replies
tree45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tree45 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:32am
post #2 of 3

It sound like you have it all figured out. I dont think it will be too much. Spatially feel it out and Good luck!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:40am
post #3 of 3

I think it sounds great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%