How Do You Organize Your "cake Stuff"???

Decorating By bcake1960 Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 11:51pm by Rylan

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:25am
post #1 of 8

OK.. I'm looking for great ideas on how to organize all my cake stuff..containers?? boxes?? etc.. I have new cabinets my dh built for me now I have to organize it to fit in all the cabinets. I was just wondering what your faviorite organizational tools are?? Bags.. tips... cutters. molds... lets hear what you all have done..

7 replies
pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:58am
post #2 of 8

My collection (the contents of 3 Wilton Class Kits, a variety of extra tips and fondant cutters, and less than a dozen pans) is certainly not as big as other CC'ers. icon_smile.gif

I keep my smaller things (tips, cutters,...) organized in Ziploc Bags. Everything fits in one of two clear plastic storage containers.

As my collection grows, I am sure I will have to get more organized. SO, let's hear what everyone else has to say! judge.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:02am
post #3 of 8

I love scrapbooking shelves..
Edna icon_smile.gif

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:18am
post #4 of 8

I bought one of those clear plastic "dressers" they have three drawers and casters on the bottom so it rolls. I also bought 2 small ones and a medium sized one. I have a wood kitchen cart too. In the dresser I use shoe boxes, cookie tins, etc. to divide up the space and keep it organized. I have a unique storage space in my kitchen so it works for me. A large part of my counters have no cabinets underneath. The previous owners used it as a bar counter, but I never felt comfortable staring at the wall and upper cabinets while eating so I found things that fit underneath for storage. I also set up a rack in my basement for all of the pans I have accumulated. Since I am not baking every day, or even weekly, I can just go down there when I need a pan.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:31am
post #5 of 8

I had one of the plastic dressers on wheels too. Then well....everything grew. So I got this for $5 at a yard sale saturday.
LL

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:45am
post #6 of 8

Did I read that right?.....5 dollars...not 50 or 500 missing the zero's? Seriously...who sells an armoire like that for 5 dollars...Holy carp...that is the deal of the century if you ask me....You did ask me didn't you?

My organizations sucks big time so i won't give you any advice on how to do that. My dh would laugh his socks off if I gave organizing advice. I do however keep my tips in one of those big plastic organizer boxes that you can put screws and nails etc in. I actually have to much crap because when I see something neat i buy it thinking I will use it and then never do... wow the money I could have now...plus if i was better organized I wouldn't go out and buy something because I can't find it in my disorganized area. We do that with tools too...."oh can't find it...lets go out and just buy it again" then we find it...

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 8

[quote="CakeRN"]Did I read that right?.....5 dollars...not 50 or 500 missing the zero's? Seriously...who sells an armoire like that for 5 dollars...Holy carp...that is the deal of the century if you ask me....You did ask me didn't you?

HOLY CARP is right! icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:51pm
post #8 of 8

I use those clear pastic containers with dividers. Those things they use to store craft things or beads.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%