Daisy Wedding Cake.... Help!!!!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 1:49am by mindy1204

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I have a wedding cake order for a couple weeks from now. The bride wants the cake frosted in burgundy buttercream with daisies on it. It's not going to be tiered, but instead will be 3 tiers on pedestals of different heights. Problem is, I'm not sure what to do with it as far as decorating with the daisies. She wants diamond imprint pattern on the sides... Help please!!! I'm going crazy looking for pics. She's really flexible too, so she wouldn't mind using other flowers in addition to the daisies.

4 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 5

Just don't use wilton color... get Americolor.

Anjie22672 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anjie22672 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:25am
post #3 of 5

Hi I am in the same boat as you only my daisy wedding cake is due this weekend. So this is my idea of what to do. Look in the wilton wedding dream cakes book pg.56 (cover has 3tier cake white leaves and purple flowers). Maybe that daisy cake will give you some ideas. Or you can try pg. 42. I was thinking about square cakes and putting the daisies at different heights without the green stems. If it is a round cake you are looking for try the idea in the 2008 yearbook(the one with the castle on it) pg. 78 change the apple blossoms out for daisies. also, if you can look at a wilton fondant and gum paste class book (i think you can find them on the cake aisle at Michael's or Hobby Lobby) check out pg. 17. But if it is a heart shape you need try the idea on pg.14 of the wilton wedding cakes a romantic portfolio) and replace the leaves with the daisies you are needing. If this does not help you the best thing I can suggest is look for a picture of any cake that you like and add the daisies to it. Have faith in yourself and I am sure anything you do will be wonderful.
I hope I have brought you some help and if not at best courage to do your best.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:36am
post #4 of 5

Here's just an idea .... very simple and I think it will work wth the quilted/diamond pattern ok, too.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1375911

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%