I Just Fell In Love

Decorating By haileysmommy Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 11:37pm by mommyle

haileysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
haileysmommy Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 8

i have been doing cakes going on a yaer . and i always done box mixes, till today that is. i just got done with a red velvet scratch cake. and it was so good.all my cakes from noe on will all be made from scratch. i just had to tell someone. thanks

tiffany icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 8

LOL good on you icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 8

Scratch mixes are definitely my favorite! As Fromscratch says, "If it ain't scratch, fix it".

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 8

That is what it's all about. Find what is best for you and go for it. So glad the red velvet worked for you. Lots of people have trouble with that.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 8

i still haven't found a good scratch cake recipe i like. i've tried several on my family and they don't like it...so i'll continue to search. icon_eek.gif

danizabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danizabe Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 8

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif hi! can you share your red velvet recipie there are tons of them but non of them has got me yet thank you icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 8

I have tried three red velvet recipes and I didn't like any of them. I envy you.... icon_cry.gif I wish I could find one good recipe icon_sad.gif

Would anyone like to share their red velvet recipe??? icon_wink.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 8

The one from Elisa Strauss is AWESOME!!!!

If your family is complaining about scratch cakes, try using oil instead of butter. I find that butter makes the cake feel "dry" (although it totally isn't!!!!).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%