Cake Topper - Need Advise

Decorating By Bluesea Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm by txnonnie

Bluesea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluesea Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 8

Hi there, i need advise on a cake topper that i did. Here's the image:
The weight of this is 427g. I need to place this ontop of a 3kg chocolate cake covered in fondant. Can the cake take the weight of this topper? I am afraid the cake will sink. Am i safe to put this ontop of the cake?

Pls advise.

Thanks

7 replies
itscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itscake Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 8

is it on a cardboard?...if so you can put dowels in the cake under it to support the topper...you did not mention how many tiers you have...If there are several..I would put cardboard and dowelling in each level...to support the topper..good luck...

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 8

Could you possibly put dowels in your cake to support the topper?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 8

Very cute! If you are worried about it sinking, try putting dowels under the topper -- that way it supports the topper

Bluesea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluesea Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:43am
post #5 of 8

thanks for the replies all.

its for a 2 tier cake. this topper is gonna be sitting ontop of the bottom tier. i have not used dowels before (only used straws). but have read quite a bit abt it. it will be the same as stacking cakes right?

need your opinions - this cake is due this Saturday, June 13. i did this topper yesterday and when my sis saw it, she said it too too big and doesn't really look like a car (am making a car themed cake for a 1yr old boy). infact, she said it looks like a monkey's face icon_cry.gif

what you guys think? pls share you thot. should i do another one?

itscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itscake Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 8

I think it looks like a car...very cute!!! I have also used straws as supports....good luck

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 8

I think it's an adorable little car! When I first glanced at it I thought it was from the movie 'Cars'.... icon_biggrin.gif

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm
post #8 of 8

It looked like the 'Cars' theme to me. Very cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%