How Do I Make A Pineapple Shaped Cake?

Decorating By duchess1120 Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 4:25am by 7yyrt

duchess1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duchess1120 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to make a 3-D pineapple shaped cake. What type of pans do I use and how many? What pattern do I use to decorate it and make it look like a pineapple down to the stem. I was considering using the top of a pineapple for the stem.

TIA

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 5

I think I would stack a bunch of 6 inch rounds and then carve it! That's the only thing that I can think to do. You could probably make the pineapple stem out of gumpaste.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 5

measure how high you want it to be and that will give you an idea how many 2" high cakes you will need (include some filling, of course) - 6" diameter pans would probably be best, unless you were wanting a much larger pineapple - then go with 8". If you could freeze them before carving that is always helpful, they have less give when they're frozen and they carve more easily. Good luck!

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 5

my wal mart (for some reason) has started stocking the football shaped pans again. i would use this pan, then trim the top and bottom points off. should be the perfect shape with the curves you need. hope this helps! icon_cool.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:25am
post #5 of 5

Spongebob Squarepants lives in a pineapple
Image under the sea... Image Sorry, must hum it now.

Brendaanne used the Wondermold pan and 2 8in rounds. See it here - http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=39252

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%