I Need Ideas For A "just Do Whatever You Want" Cak

Decorating By Vivalawvegas Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 1:44am by Rylan

Vivalawvegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vivalawvegas Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 7

I hate it when people won't give me any direction re: decorations. You'd think having free reign would be a good thing but I get overwhelmed trying to figure out what to do!

I have the cake part down - it will be a creme brulee cake with vanilla buttercream.

I have no clue how I want to decorate this. It's only a 6 inch round so not much room but I need to do something. it's for a birthday, male, early 30's, attorney, originally from South Africa, likes golf. That's pretty much all I know.

I am thinking I would like to tie in the creme brulee theme...maybe some sort of burned sugar detail?

6 replies
this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 7

ooh, make part of a map showing Vegas and South Africa. Make a mini golf club at S Africa, then draw an arched dotted line to the golf pin at Vegas. Have a mini golf ball rolling next to the pin, almost falling into the cup, and make a flag with "30" on it sticking out of the pin. hth

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 7

I'm glad to see another person from Las vegas.

Why not make the cake look like flan? or creme brulee on a ramekin?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 7

you could do a golf course - green bc, biscuit sand, blue water, and a happy birthday message.
xx

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

I'm glad to see another person from Las vegas.

Why not make the cake look like flan? or creme brulee on a ramekin?

I really like the creme brûlée in a ramekin idea, since the cake is so small it's going to look super cute! Plus you don't have so much space to do anything else, it's going to look crowded

Vivalawvegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vivalawvegas Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 7

Rylan, I really like that idea! I think I'm going to try it. I'll let you know how it goes!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:44am
post #7 of 7

Glad to know that you find my suggestion a good idea. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%