My Temper.....

Decorating By jlsheik Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 1:59am by chassidyg

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 11:55pm
post #31 of 34

OK...Here is a kicker to the story...I have a myspace page and one of my friends added a comment today that said OH Laura! I was at Pizza Hut when they brought that in! Everyone wanted to know where it came from and where ohhing and ahhhing over it!!
Yeah, she's not getting one dime back from me!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 12:27am
post #32 of 34

I just did a cake this weekend for my daughter's friend.. It was for the 2nd birthday of my dd's friend's daughter.. Everyone loved the cake and even though I told her not to tell anyone what I charged her ($40 basically just cover the ingredients) She told one of the guests. This guest asked my daughter for my number she wants a cake just like it and is $40 my normal price. DD says Not even close that cake would be $140 her friend just got a deal cause i have known her forever and wanted her little girl to have a nice cake... The Lady acted like $140 was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard and seemed to be very offended , My daughter looked at her and said "You obviously don't know the difference in a custom Home baked cake and a grocery store cake so you should probably keep ordering your cakes from Costco! You can't afford my mom's cakes"..

Needless to say some people just don't get it ! After all it's just cake !

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 12:58am
post #33 of 34

I am the only custom cake shop...just opened April 1st....we have a Walmart and a Food Pyramid and the only "custom" shop is about 80 miles away....lots of cake ladies in the home...but really no one compare prices to. I know, if she had to go to the city she would have paid way more...some people just have that wally world mentality!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:59am
post #34 of 34

JaimeAnn, I love what your daughter said! GO Daughter!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%