Buttercream Peonies???

Decorating By DreamCakesOnline Updated 17 Oct 2014 , 5:11pm by CTD1

DreamCakesOnline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamCakesOnline Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 15

I'm trying to make peonies from buttercream and was wondering if anyone else has tried it. I'm thinking a stiffer buttercream will give me the broken edges that we don't want on roses but would look right on a peony and I'm wondering if anyone has made any that weren't just roses that didn't turn out right. Instead of the petals turning out like a rose, I want to try to have them cupped inward more... Any suggestions on a better tip to use?

14 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 15

Which tip are you using for them?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:30am
post #3 of 15

Try giving SeriousCakes a pm with that question. She's a buttercream queen, I've seen her do amazing things with a piping bag!

DreamCakesOnline Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 15

Sorry for the delay... I was going to use a 104 and see how it would work if I held the bag differently. I have a 97 but I don't ever remember using it so I'm not sure what it would look like. Somewhere I have the old Wilton tip book but I can't remember seeing anything in it that would help. I need to start on these tomorrow so I'll pm SeriousCakes and see if she can help...

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 15

oooOOOhhh...please keep us posted. I am VERY interested. I didn't even know that you could mAke them with BC and they are my FAVORITE flower!!!

MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:59am
post #6 of 15

Hi icon_smile.gif

I know this is probably too late to help you, but I've made buttercream peonies. If you're still interested, you can PM me and I can let you know how I ended up doing them. I've attached a pic so you can see my final result. Hope yours turned out well!
LL

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 2:12am
post #7 of 15

Mobogal - that is BEAUTIFUL!! Great job!

MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 2:18am
post #8 of 15

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the nice compliment icon_smile.gif That made my night!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by favrtdtr

Mobogal - that is BEAUTIFUL!! Great job!

yes! that is quite fantastic!! i would love to know how you accomplished this perfect bc flower as well icon_smile.gif

DreamCakesOnline Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:14am
post #10 of 15

Holy Cow!!! That's fantastic!! It's too big for what I was doing but I would still like to know how you did it.

I made a bunch of them to make the cake top look like an English garden and was trying to make them small (per the bride's drawing). I did get it to look like them but I used a #103 and a kind of jiggly motion to get it to look like petals and make it jagged looking. I'm still perfecting it but, if I get where I think it looks good enough to share, I'll try to do a video or something.

Can you share how you did it??

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:50am
post #11 of 15

That is absolutely stunning! Would love to know how to do that as well!

vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:23am
post #12 of 15

Hi: I too would love to know how you made them. Vicki0052.

vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:27am
post #13 of 15

Hi: I would love to know how to make them also. Vicki0052.

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:10am
post #14 of 15

I LOVE this flower. Please share how you did it! It is great!

CTD1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTD1 Posted 17 Oct 2014 , 5:11pm
post #15 of 15

A

Original message sent by MOBOGAL

Hi [IMG]/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]

I know this is probably too late to help you, but I've made buttercream peonies. If you're still interested, you can PM me and I can let you know how I ended up doing them. I've attached a pic so you can see my final result. Hope yours turned out well! [URL=http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/0/0b/0b488a33_bc_peony_914.jpeg]LL [/URL]

It doesn't appear Mobogal has posted in several years, but does anyone have an idea of how this buttercream flower was achieved? It really is quite beautiful and I'd love to be able to duplicate it. My attempts so far have been less than successful. The closest I've been is with a 104 for the petals, waited for it to crust and gently cut the and separated the tips.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%