Where Do You Buy Your Food Safe Latex Gloves?

Decorating By disp4so Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 10:22pm by kbgieger

disp4so Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disp4so Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 4:42am
post #1 of 6

I used to use the Wilton decorator preferred gloves but they apparently have been discontinued. I can't buy them at michaels anymore.

Looking for alternate gloves to buy.

I prefer them to be similar to the wilton, thin but strong latex. Not the cheap plastic gloves like they use at sandwich shops and such.

any help is appreciated.


5 replies
MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 6

I just bought some in first aid isle at WalMart, they are purple, latex free and powder free.

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 6

I have never tried the Wilton gloves, but I use the non-powdered ones straight from the pharmacy or grocery store pharmacy aisle. I like these because they are tight on my fingers (unlike the deli ones you mention or like the ones that come with hair color!) and are strong too. (fingernails and rings do not puncture).

tmr137 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmr137 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 6

The dollar stores sell them.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 6:35pm
post #5 of 6

That's good to know since Wilton won't be making them anymore. I have been ordering mine from www.shopbakersnook.com. It never occurred to me to buy them at Walmart.

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 6

You should be able to buy them in bulk at your local warehouse store. I've bought them at Sam's before - it was like 2 boxes of 100 for $10 - $12 (I think - it's been awhile!)


Quote by @%username% on %date%