Wow! Don't Know If I'll Ever Do That Again...

Decorating By ajjhmf Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 12:26pm by Rylan

ajjhmf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajjhmf Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 5

My son is really into knights and castles, so for his birthday I made a castle cake like so many I've seen here. I even went so far as to make a fondant knight to stand guard by the draw bridge. icon_smile.gif

Anyway, it took HOURS to apply all those stones. I'm just a hobbiest, but now I really understand why people charge what they do. My DH rolled the stones and I put them on and it still took nearly 2 1/2 hours. Kudos to all of you do this for a living and stand firm in charging what you do. thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 5

I have not been able to do one so thumbs up to you,the cake was very nice

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 5

The detail of the stones turned out great on your cake, I can only imagine how much your son must have loved it.

I made a gingerbread house this year for a event at my culinary school... and decided to make little individual gingerbread bricks lol. I made a sheet of gingerbread and cut them with a pizza wheel and then baked them off. When they came out though they were too thick and not exactly the same dimensions so I ended up filing down each brick individually. My pastry chef thought I was nuts, but I thought it looked so cute when I was done lol.

Sometimes the most time consuming detail is what really makes the cake (or gingerbread house).

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 4:30am
post #4 of 5

I hear ya. I did a cake with fondant balls for the bottom border. Thank goodness I could get my daughters to help me roll them out. Your cake is great!!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 5

The cake is really nice. I love the overall look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%