Parrish Cake Pans ?

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 3:22am by cakeladyatLA

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:56am
post #1 of 12

I saw a ad in my local paper for a set of square cake pans. The brand name is Parrish. Has anyone heard of them, are they any count, and are the corners sharp or more rounded ?

Thanks everyone.
Lisa

11 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 7:24am
post #2 of 12

I believe Parrish is the manufacturer of Magic Line pans. However I don't know if that means that the advertised pans are ML pans, or if they manufacture a different type of pan that they brand simply as 'Parrish'. It seems like the best way to find out what pans they are is to just call on the ad (sorry for the "obvious" advice icon_rolleyes.gif) icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:37am
post #3 of 12

Yes, most likely they are Magic Lines. That is a great line of pans for baking cakes!
I would call and find out exactly what they are like ceshell said.

brightbrats Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 12

She didn't have a digital camera, but she got this picture off the web, and said it was the same thing. She didn't know if thet were made by Magic line or not. What do you guys think, would they be a good investment, she is wanting 50.00 for them, its a 6,8,10,12 all 2in pans ?
LL

brightbrats Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 12

BUMP. Can someone give me some kind of idea about these ? I'm afraid she'll sell them before I get back with her.

ceshell Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 12

I can't be sure about the price; you might want to look up magic line pans really quick on the internet, find out the per-pan price. I know my square ml pans were more expensive than the rounds, but in rounds they ran from $10-20 each. (I would go into it assuming they are magic lines). Sorry I can't be more help; if I had a minute to price em out for you I would do it myself, just to save you a little time since you don't want to possibly lose em!

ceshell Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 6:12pm
post #7 of 12

ok i had a second. online the 12" square goes for $15-20
10" $15
8" $14
6" $12

So it seems like her prices are good but it's not like you are getting an UNBELIEVABLE deal. I think you shouldn't feel compelled to rush - if you want them, it's a fair price but if you are unsure then you can get them for nearly the same price elsewhere.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 6:24pm
post #8 of 12

I think it's a little better than what you would pay if you had them shipped. I ordered the exact same sizes of Magic Line pans (only I ordered 2 of each pan) from Country Kitchen. I think with shipping and everything it was around $120. So I'm guessing if you ordered those pans with shipping and taxes, you'd pay around $60. So I think it's a little bit better! The only thing is, if they are used (and I dont' know if they are or not), then I don't think 50 is such a good deal personally.

brightbrats Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 8:25pm
post #9 of 12

They are new, she lives about 50 miles from me, so she said shipping would be about 10.00.

ceshell Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 8:51pm
post #10 of 12

well intotheoven.com sells a set of ML squares 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14 for $60...meaning $10 more gets you a 14" pan. Not that you need a 14" too! I just mention it to give you a cost comparison (I don't know what the shipping is though; I'll bet it's more than $10). Again, I personally think that is an ok price for the pans, but you're not getting a "DEAL." KWIM? If you are uncertain, I don't think you should worry about "losing out" on the opportunity, cuz you will be able to find them for roughly the same amount anyway. If you take some time to think on it and you want to buy them, then you can feel comfortable that you're paying market price and not getting overcharged.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:45am
post #11 of 12

Yeah, I'm with ceshell! I think you're paying the average price. You're not overpaying and you're not underpaying. You can always find the deal again... so you just have to decide if you want them really!

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:22am
post #12 of 12

ALL of my cake pans are from parrish, is close to my house and i buy EVERYTHING from them, they are the best quality, they supply all the bakeries in Los Angeles area, go for them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%