??s For Self-Employed Decorating Instructors.....

Decorating By elvis Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 3:43am by elvis

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:07am
post #1 of 3

Okay, I'm quickly burning out of my cake business from home. It's been 3 years of too little sleep, not enough family time, social time, did I mention too little sleep?

I still LOVE cake decorating...just would be happy to never bake another cake again...and also to never take another order! I would like to teach decorating....but wondering how many of you set up classes of your own....rather than becoming a Wilton instructor?

I would like the freedom and control of doing things my way....and hopefully to make more $$ by offering my own classes rather than being an employee and therefore having less control.

For those of you who teach your own classes....where do you teach? I don't like the idea of inviting strangers to my house....but maybe a church or community center?? Thanks for any info you can pass along! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:15am
post #2 of 3

I don't teach, but have been toying with the idea for the future, when I have more experience. You should definitely hold it at a community center or church rather than your home! Try the VFW also. There is another post on this same thing, let me try to attach it and see if it helps any

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-634266-.html

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:43am
post #3 of 3

Thanks pipe-dreams! I didn't see that thread when I searched earlier-- really helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%