Cute Story Wanted To Share

Decorating By tree45 Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 3:00am by adven68

tree45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tree45 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 1:38am
post #1 of 7

I interpret for Deaf 8th graders in out school system. Since they are moving on to be freshman we threw them a little party. I made a cake inspired by the "fist of rock" or that rock hand many of you have made on here (it's in my pics). I thought it was a little barberic but when I carried it into the room their faces lit up! They couldn't believe I made it, and I got compaired to "the guy with the cake show that makes all the cool cakes!" LOL.....It made me smile, so I thought I'd share! Thanks for listening!

6 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 1:44am
post #2 of 7

I think kids give the most sincere compliments of anyone...they tell it like it is! Good job on the cake!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 1:57am
post #3 of 7

That's awesome and so nice of you!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 2:01am
post #4 of 7

Tree45, it's a great cake, but I absolutely LOVE your avatar!!! HOCKEY RULES!!!!

Gail

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 2:04am
post #5 of 7

that made me think of the cute comment that I got when the little boy who got the "monkey" cake in my photos, He asked if I would be at his birthday party, When I said no, I wouldn't be there, he said are you going to make someone elses birthday cake (now I only bake a cake and decorate it about once every other month. - I do not do this for a living and do not have a liscenced bakery and do not charge for the cakes - so it made me pretty happy to hear him say that.. because I would like to do this full time.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 2:30am
post #6 of 7

That is awesome!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:00am
post #7 of 7

you must have felt great. Bless you for doing what you do. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%