Help!!!!!!! Two Bc Forstings Not Sure If Mixed Up Recipes

Decorating By ninatat Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 1:25pm by ninatat

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 1:18am
post #1 of 8

Hi all, i found 2 different bc recipe's i thought i wrote one on one page, and the other on 2, the one i'm making call's for 51/2 cups shortening, 5lbs con sugar, 3 tablespoons powdered coffee creamer with water and 3 flavors, then i read add corn syrup but not how much, but that's not the problem, the other calls for corn syrup and meringe and it's a smaller batch 12 cups of sugar, i can't find the one one with the 51/2 shortening and 5 lbs, i thought i remember reading something about wilton, but i can't fine either, and looking at it my wonder find of a smaller mixer i don't think it will fit but that's ok when i get most of it mixed i can run it my friends. can anyone help, Thank you so much icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

7 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 8

Perhaps someone has the recipes you are talking about - so i will just *bump* this up the page for you.

Bh icon_smile.gif

ninatat Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 8

hi i already mixed some of the con sugar, and crisco, but i used the 3 tablespoons of creamer mixed with water from the other recipe now i don't know what to do and can't find the rest of the recipe i checked my history and just can't find it, i know i can mix it seperaely in my mixer, but i can't find the rest,

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 8

im confused as to ecatly what the problem is, you mean you used the measurements for crisco and ps from the first recipe, and the liquid amount from the second? you shoul be able to just add more ps to stiffen it up again if so.
xx

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 8

Buttercream icing is very forgiving. You can just beat what you have and make adjustments based on taste and consistency. Now royal icing is another story. Let us know how it turns out.

ninatat Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 8

ok thanks i'll try it, all i can find of the recipe is 51/2 cups shortening, 5lbs sifted sugar, powdered coffee creamer 1 cup to 1 cup hot water. i added 3 tablespoons and them i have written down 5-7 minutes, i'm afraid i might be missing something.

Thanks all

d_michelle95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d_michelle95 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 1:42am
post #7 of 8

I think it might be Sugarshack's recipe.. try doing a search for it and see if that is what you are looking for... Good Luck!

ninatat Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 1:25pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much for searching for me i found it last nite, finally i can finish it. i didn't have all of it written down. and it was sugar shack. Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%