Mil Brought Me New Lorann Flavors . . . Need Ideas

Decorating By mom2rascals Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 12:26am by mom2rascals

mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 6

My MIL bought me some Lorann flavors. These flavors are for milk shakes and smoothies. It is extremely thick syrup. I was wondering if I could use them to flavor cakes and/or icings. What would you do with these flavors? Are there any other flavors that will compliment them?

Bubble gum, Mango, Banana Coconut.

I'm sure there are a million uses for the Mango & Banana Coconut, but the Bubble gum interests me . . . it sounds like it would be a great children's B-day cake flavor or icing flavor.

Thanks for any suggestions.

5 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not familiar with the milkshake/smoothie flavors; because of the thickness i can't tell you how to use them. I think you're on the right track.

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 6

Well i can tell you that the bubble gum would be better off used for the icing versus only in the cake, my friend made bubble gum cup cakes with lorann bubble gum and although you can slightly tast the bubble gum in the cake, its not going to be very strong i would do a fruity cupcake like a strawberry cupcake with bubble gum butter cream and call it strawberry bubble gum..something like that just an idea...

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 6

Alright...where's Macsmom when you need her icon_smile.gif

They sound yummy, and I think you're right about the bubble gum one being great for kids. And you must have a great MIL! If mine gave me something like that, it'd probably be laced with arsenic!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 6

Hehe I am going to do a keylime cake and cotton candy iced something very soon. I am dying to get funky with some flavors!

mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 12:26am
post #6 of 6

Has anyone tried putting bubble gum bits into your batter?

I'm thinking just a regular WASC with bubble gum icing . . . any thoughts?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%