Gumpaste/ Sugarflower Rose Help!! Please

Decorating By Anniefern Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 1:45pm by tygre

Anniefern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anniefern Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:06am
post #1 of 4

Hi

Im trying to make sugarflowers Roses to be exact, I purchased the Flower Cutter Set - Rose Bouquet by Wilton. The problem I have is even if I use the large Rose Cutter the roses dont come out that big.. its still small does anyone know how I can make my roses look bigger (fuller) . Am I using the wrong cutter? Should I buy a different one? If so which one?
Any advice would be great.

Thank you,

Annie

3 replies
tygre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tygre Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:16am
post #2 of 4

Annie,
Do you want bigger sized roses (1" wide vs. 3" wide) or fuller (more petals)? Are you using the wilton rose cutter set that has 5 petals or are you making one petal at a time?

Anniefern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anniefern Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:25am
post #3 of 4

Hi tygre,

Im using the 3" five petal cutter I got from the Wilton Course 3 set. (fondant and Gum paste)

tygre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tygre Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 4

Ok that explains it, that cutter will make perfectly lovely roses but the largest one is no bigger than a full blown tea rose. in order to get life sized roses you will need to make one petal at a time. You can do this with a cutter that is round, oval or teardrop shaped. If you can make the Wilton roses you can do this. First you need to make your centers just like the Wilton Method, but they need to be bigger. Tonedna (from here on CC) has a fabulous utube video to show how to make them. Try this link, it's the first of I think 3 parts. She is a wonderful teacher.......

If you have anymore questions just ask or feel free to im me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%